• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Odd breathing

Em.gnzz

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Emily
Hello, I have a little budgie who is 3 years old and I began to notice a few months ago that his breathing sounds odd. I'm not sure if he is sick, he still jumps around, sings, plays and eats. Sometimes he just starts the weird breathing and a minute later he's back to normal. I also previously took him to the vet for a similar concern and they said he was fine. However, I am still concerned since his breathing is odd.
Here's a video of his breathing.

20201123_132132_1.mp4

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Sorry, it won’t let me see the video on my phone. Do you hear clicking while he is breathing? Is his tail bobbing? If so please contact your vet immediately.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
It seems to me his breathing is laboured, then he's gulping for air. I think you should go straight to the vet with this. Show the vet this video, something is clearly wrong with him.
In the meantime do you have a humidifier? If you can't raise the humidity in his room you could try a steamy bathroom.
Could he have inhaled some water recently?

Last edited:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Your bird needs to go to the vet and you need a diagnosis from the vet. Is your vet an avian vet?