• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Hybrid Yellow Crowned x Blue Front

EAZi Parrot

Meeting neighbors
Hello,

I got a new hybrid amazon today, haven't named it yet. I already have a lovebird, my lovebird flies all around the house and is very tamed and social. My worry is, will they get along together?! My amazon is tamed and home born and raised. He's now 8 Months old. Hew new to the house so I know it'll take some time till he settles down. But my worry is should I keep them both out and not worry of my amazon hurting my lovebird. Because my lovebird is going straight to my amazon but I'm keeping him in the cage for now till I make sure they won't hurt each other.
I'll upload the pictures soon.

Thank you.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats on your new feathered friend/family member. Looking forward to seeing the photos.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Congrats on your new addition!

I'd DEFINITELY keep the lovebird and 'zon away from each other. Lovies are real firecrackers, have the heart of a bird 10 times their size, and are, for the most part, utterly fearless. The 'zon could consider your lovebird as a threat, with terrible results...

EAZi Parrot

Meeting neighbors
Congrats on your new addition!

I'd DEFINITELY keep the lovebird and 'zon away from each other. Lovies are real firecrackers, have the heart of a bird 10 times their size, and are, for the most part, utterly fearless. The 'zon could consider your lovebird as a threat, with terrible results...
lol true, I always noticed my lovebird thinks he's a Macaw for some reason lol.

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Constant supervision is what I would recommend, a lovebird is at a high risk of being severely injured or worse with a 'zon.
If one of the birds becomes too highly focused on the other while out, separate out times would be best to prevent an accident.

I can't wait to see pictures of him, congrats! :)

EAZi Parrot

Meeting neighbors
btw, These pictures are before I did this post, So I'm aware that this was a mistake and I should've have taken the risk to bringing them close to each other, I was just trying to introduce them to each other, I didn't know that it could've been dangerous.. Although, when I spoke to the breeder of my amazon who actually raised him along with other small birds he said he gets along very well with small birds, but my lovebird might not get very friendly with him. so yeah I'll be more careful in future.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Your birds are beautiful!

Can't wait to hear what your 'zon's name will be...:)

EAZi Parrot

Meeting neighbors
Your birds are beautiful!

Can't wait to hear what your 'zon's name will be...:)
I named him Khedira, stands for green in Arabic, also it's the name of the German football player who used to play for my fav' team Real Madrid and plays for Juventus now.

alicat

Real Name
Ali
Aww he looks just like boogie, a yellow fronted we had at work. I've always heard amazons can get very fiesty after maturity but boogie was 30 and an absolute delight. She had gorgeous eyes and would whisper "boogie oogie oogie" and let you give her scratches.

Congrats on your new fid!

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
what a lovely pictures :)
i enjoyed watching them, and wish you 100 years of hapyness with your new companion :)