• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New bird energetic

parry_blue

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
amy
Is something wrong with my bird? I just got my second parrotlet today. My first parrotlet is very chill but my new one is super energetic. He is around 5 weeks, He was very scared and chill and first, suddenly he flies around the cage, rips tissues, bumps into the cage, and more. Then, around 5 minutes later, he goes back to sleep! He still doesnt know how to fly, since he is not tamed. I tried to take him out to calm him but he just flies up and doesnt know how to fly down. Is this a parrot problem? Or should I wait until he gets used to his cage?

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
My first parrotlet is very chill but my new one is super energetic.
All birds are different and have different personalities, even though they may be the same species.

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
e is around 5 weeks, He was very scared and chill and first, suddenly he flies around the cage, rips tissues, bumps into the cage, and more. Then, around 5 minutes later, he goes back to sleep!
5 weeks old is pretty young. I'm no expert on parrotlets, but it seems like maybe he was scared at first because he was adjusting to his new environment, and now he is playing because he is more comfortable and getting used to things. He seems like he's still a baby in that he's playing and then he's worn out and goes to sleep.

parry_blue

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
amy
5 weeks old is pretty young. I'm no expert on parrotlets, but it seems like maybe he was scared at first because he was adjusting to his new environment, and now he is playing because he is more comfortable and getting used to things. He seems like he's still a baby in that he's playing and then he's worn out and goes to sleep.
He is going to sleep now and has not done it again since. Maybe he needed time to adjust to the new cages, people, etc. Thanks!