• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New baby budgie healthy?

lly00n

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lisa
He could be panting because he’s hot, is he still in a brooder? Try lowering the temp a degree or two
He usually pants when he’s in a blanket. We keep him in a blanket after eating to keep him warm for digestion. He doesn’t pant every time though, so I think it might have just been that time. But this morning the air bubbles went down and he was screaming for food :lol: He had a larger attitude because we skipped feeding him last night… Also he is gaining some white around his nostrils so maybe he’s a girl…?

Attachments

Last edited:

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
I would be so terrified to hand feed a baby parrot (although I've done it with a sparrow many years ago), but this almost makes me want to lol

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
He usually pants when he’s in a blanket. We keep him in a blanket after eating to keep him warm for digestion.
This is not a good idea.
Just return the bird to the brooder where the environment is perfectly controlled. You can´t control the temp in a blanket and the bird cannot cool down if they need to.
Definitely the panting is overheating.

Be very carefull feeding. Don´t get formula in the nares, I see it is very close there in the pics. If you are spoon feeding, try not tilting the spoon so much. Be sure to clean good afterwards to avoid the formula setting (it dries like cement and if difficult to get off feathers when solid)