• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Never Say Never

vmashley03

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
I've always thought I would NEVER own a conure..ever! Although I think they are adorable and sweet...I also know they can be very loud and can be nippy..so I didn't think it would be the right species for my family. I thought that until I met Conner...and he changed my perspective on these little guys. Now I know I've just had him a short while and we are still in the "honeymoon stage"...but he is 4years old so I think his personality is pretty established. He came to me from a close friend of a relative who could no longer care for him (health issues) and my entire family knows how spoiled Charlie is. Conner is very sweet and loves attention (especially scritches on the sides of his face) and I don't think he has a mean bone in his little body (that I have seen yet anyways). He is not even cage aggressive, but I also don't reach into the cage..I just open it and wait for him to come out. He also really enjoys wood chipping, baths and hanging upside down on my hand :laugh: He is also remarkably quiet compared to other sun and jenday conures I've been around (unless he can't see me then be flock calls loudly..and he loves being with me which makes quarantine harder because he just wants to be with us). First thing I'm doing once quarantine is over is get him a bigger cage and integrated into our family life! He also had a vet appointment today that went really well (it's a different avian vet than I take Charlie to bc I couldn't get an appointment as soon as I could at another exotic animal/avian vet office since they had a cancelation) and the staff really enjoyed cuddling with him! So without further ado here is little Conner at bath time earlier:
image.jpg
image.jpg

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
What?! He is adorable! How did this happen, Victoria and what does Charlie think? I'm sure she can hear Conner. He is so cute and I myself love conures! Get ready, vendors, she has another baby to spoil :heart:

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Adorable, so adorable. Congrats on the adoption! Wishing you a lot of happiness!!

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
What?! He is adorable! How did this happen, Victoria and what does Charlie think? I'm sure she can hear Conner. He is so cute and I myself love conures! Get ready, vendors, she has another baby to spoil :heart:
I know right??!! He literally fell into my lap...I for sure thought i would have Charlie AT LEAST a year until I considered getting another bird and even that was going to be a foster situation with a bird rescue..but his original owner has cancer and just isn't doing good unfortunately :( My aunt told her friend how I was with Charlie and about my background with animals (majored in animal science in college) so she felt like Conner would have a better life with me (plus her prognosis is looking not so good so this is one less thing for her to worry about). I feel so honored to be entrusted with this little guy! Charlie isn't sure what to think...she hears him and says "what" a lot like she is trying to talk to him. She sure isn't thrilled about being put away while I go upstairs to visit with Conner..but I make up for it with car rides so to her it isn't so bad lol. With all the wood chipping he does it will be fun buying toys! First up...another skewer from MPBT and wood refill kits!

Last edited:

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Thanks! I feel a really good connection with him and so far he seems very happy! I thought he might be overwhelmed with the change but he is a very trusting and loving fellow! :heart:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I said I'd never have an amazon :smuggrin:

It happens :hehe:

He is beautiful, congrats!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Congrats.

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Hahaha! Yeah I've read on here about Greys thinking of other (non Grey) birds as "beneath" them :hehe: It will be interesting to hear what she has to say about him once he gets to move downstairs :roflmao:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Well, at least my Greys tolerate Rowdy even if they refuse to speak to her. She's been trying hard with Sophie lately, saying everything to Sophie that she knows Sophie says. Sophie glances at her and turns away, just like Merlin does. But, the Greys do let Rowdy play on their cage. If Pete gets within 2-3 feet, they get pretty militant and Merlin throws birdie bagels at him.

So Charlie may refuse to talk to Connor, but hopefully she will just ignore him, and not be aggressive.

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Throwing birdie bagels?? Lol that made me laugh so hard! I'm hoping she at least tolerates his presence, but am very aware that she may hate him..especially if she sees him as a competitor for my attention. She does seem interested in other birds..while being boarded at the vets she was talking to the other birds there (particularly an amazon that was next to her cage)..so who knows what she will think of Conner

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Wowie!!! Who knew??!!
This is fabulous! He is so cute!
I think Charlie will take her cues from you as well....so just act like it's totally normal to have him there.... No big deal, and don't react if she gets weird. Oh I so hope they become pals! :)

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
For real! Totally didn't think I would get another bird! I'm trying not to worry about it too much since he will be upstairs for a while anyways...I hope they enjoy each other's company but if they don't then that's ok too