• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My SWS haul from Kazoo Bird and company

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yes, that's right, it just got here and I'm soo excited!
Spanish customs have held this package hostage all this time! :sad3:

I'm actually not home, I picked up the package at the post office and went straight to my office after, but here are some pics of what I picked out, later I will show the birds....
IMG_20200619_140623.jpg
One boing for my Jaime and the other for Gísli,
The balsa toy for Adélie (balsa is her fave),
One fish pond for Nube,
The snuggle corner is for Gísli (and yellow because they have an obsession with Sydney)
I will move the foragers between cages
Everything else they can pick what they like :) (I'll try snap some photos later)

Love these foragers, and they are bigger than I was expecting,
IMG_20200619_141540.jpg

And the fish are such cute toys;
IMG_20200619_140931.jpg

I'm sure my birds will love these toys and have such fun playing with them.

Thankyou very much Claire! (and thankyou for the bird bagels, we've never tried those before so that will be interesting!)
@Love My Zons

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oooh I might need the fish toy...bet that would irritate err stimulate the cheeks to try and get him out.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Nice haul! I've never seen a boing like that before... how cool!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
They’re all so pretty and colourful! Hope your flock has a ball with all their new stuff :)

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
The ones with the bells I have for Aoife, she loves to jingle them :)

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Wow, amazing toys! Also, that fish pond toy is so cute! :heart2:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Also, that fish pond toy is so cute!
I was playing with Gísli the other night and I was showing him some of the toys. He chose one of the candy toys. When I showed him the fish pond he moved towards the fish with an open beak and super gently was trying to slowly grab it.... But like a cm away :facepalm: :lol: Soo stinkin cute!!!!

I put Nubes fish in his house today :)

Gisli has been enjoying the boing. I haven't seen Jaime on his because his Mrs is on her nest and he is tending to her and her plastic eggies :swoon:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
An update;

Gisli has almost destroyed the little shredder toy, he really enjoyed that.
He has been sleeping and snuggling with the snuggle corner thing, not eating it, so all looks well.
The boing has been inciting regurgitation, but he has not been depositing on the toy. I have seen him sitting on the boing too.
I just gave him the Beaker sneaker toy, and he´s been playing with it almost an hour. He LOVES toys and is not scared of new stuff.

Jaime has been enjoying his new boing also.
I put a foraging mug in their cage, and someone has eaten all the treats... but I don´t know who...

Nube has played with his fish a few times, though with his girlfriend on eggs, he´s been busy caring for her.

Adelie has really been enjoying her balsa toy, she chews it while Sydney is asleep :lol:

The bouquet toy is on the playpark, Sydney and Nube have both played with it there.

I think I will give the toy with all the shoes on to Sydney, and see if he likes it :)

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Apart from Spanish customs keeping it hostage, what were the shipping rates like? They have enough toys atm but I'd love to place an order sometime.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
what were the shipping rates like?
It was about 35 this time, I don´t know if that is because I ordered right when flights were getting cancelled left right and centre, and borders were closed for commercial flights arriving in Spain. It seems likely.
In the past I have ordered from an American vendor and paid 24 (the calculator quoted more, which I paid and the vendor refunded me).

Taxes here are expensive. You will have to check what your rates will be - remember you will get handling fees on top of the tax.
Here it is 21% tax, and with the handling fees, I ended up paying over half the value of the order.

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It was about 35 this time, I don´t know if that is because I ordered right when flights were getting cancelled left right and centre, and borders were closed for commercial flights arriving in Spain. It seems likely.
In the past I have ordered from an American vendor and paid 24 (the calculator quoted more, which I paid and the vendor refunded me).

Taxes here are expensive. You will have to check what your rates will be - remember you will get handling fees on top of the tax.
Here it is 21% tax, and with the handling fees, I ended up paying over half the value of the order.
Yeah ordering to Switzerland is extortionate. I usually order to Germany and pick it up. For us with American vendors it's worth ordering a lot and getting your money's worth. I'm sure the birds wouldn't have much to say against that :rolleyes:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I usually order to Germany and pick it up
I was going to suggest comparing the two :)

For us with American vendors it's worth ordering a lot and getting your money's worth
Yea, that was my view on this also. It´s not worth picking up a toy etc for 20 and then paying 50 for shipping and taxes. That´s insane lol.
And as much as it is expensive for these orders, they are items I can´t get locally, and because I get a nice haul, I feel I get a lot for the money so I end up happy... and the birds love getting a selection of toys :D

Mybluebird

Real Name
Anne
Love the toys - they are all so cute @Zara! I particularly like the boing. I went to the Kazoo Birds website but didn't find it @Love My Zons. Was it a special order item? I think I saw another boing in your pictures made with beads - love it! Looks like your birds will have hours of fun ahead of them.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Love the toys - they are all so cute @Zara! I particularly like the boing. I went to the Kazoo Birds website but didn't find it @Love My Zons. Was it a special order item? I think I saw another boing in your pictures made with beads - love it! Looks like your birds will have hours of fun ahead of them.
That particular boing was the last of that brand. I can get a similar one that has some rope with it. I will link a few pictures of ones that I can gey for you.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire