• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Jenday Conure

parsaxyz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
parsa
I am pleased to announce that I have just bought a new Jenday conure!

His name is Toruk.
From what I’ve been told he’s about 7 months and DOES NOT LIKE BEING PETTED (I’m hoping that’ll change soon)

He does not have a ring around his leg making me believe that he is quite likely a wild bird, even though he does step up.

Now, I’ve had green cheeks In the past but I usually got them quite young at 4 months so they used to be much friendlier than Toruk is at the moment.

What I’d love to know is that will Toruk get cuddlier or at least less scared of being pet, or is it just something I haw to live with?

One thing that I’d like to add, is that just yesterday he went upto my shoulder and after about 30 mins he started preening me. I know this is normal bird affection behavior. What I don’t get is that how come he’s showing affection only after a week of being with me!

I’m so excited to go home and see my Conure today!!

Attachments

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Sorry the photos are not showing for me. Congrats on your new feathered Conure. Jenday's are beautiful.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What country are you in? In America a LOT of birds are not banded and that young they are NOT wild caught. The fact that he's been so friendly with you further suggests that.

Yes he may get friendlier. My Hahns though never liked hands, but liked other forms of affection.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Congrats on your new bird!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats on getting Toruk. Domestic birds are not always banded. If you live in the US importation ceased in 1992 so he would not be wild caught.