• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My conure is so picky!!!

diitrex

Moving in
Real Name
Emma
I've had my green cheek conure for a few months now. and one thing that i have found is that he will not eat pellets! I've tried him on a few different pellets of varying sizes and shapes and flavours, and they've been all i offer during the day after he had a bit of morning fruits and veggies, but he won't eat anything but fruits and veggies and sometimes a few seeds. I do have a vitamin supplement for him to take, but i'd really rather he gets the nutrients he needs straight from the food he eats. Does anyone have any recommendations?

diitrex

Moving in
Real Name
Emma
In case anyone is looking at this thread, i figured out how to get the little idiot to eat pellets! I just pretended to eat them myself. guess he just didn't know they were food. He's been on tropican for about 6 months now. Seriously, NOTHING else worked. he's just real dumb. I still love him though.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I wouldn't consider him dumb at all. If someone were to put balut, mountain oysters, bird nest soup, fried tarantula/scorpian, etc in front of me, I sure as heck wouldn't eat it!

Pellets really aren't all that interesting to many birds so they don't view it as food. They aren't dumb for not eating it.

diitrex

Moving in
Real Name
Emma
oh, i know, he's smart as heck! way smarter than me. he made me put bird food on my lips before he was satisfied enough to finally eat the dang things. he just likes to pick on me :,) i feel it though, why eat a bunch of brown pellets when you could eat tasty seeds and fresh fruits?

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
He's eating it now so that's great! Good thinking Emma!!!