• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My budgie is depressed and I’m worry

Isawe

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Isabel
Long story short

i had 2 budgies but one of them pass away 3 days ago…
I Don’t Know what to do right now because the other is healthy and young but she is very depressed right now.
she stop being herself, not really eating, not playing, not drinking enough water, and rarely talks, I’m trying almost everything with her, but I Don’t Know what to do at this point, I Don’t Know if is a good idea to get her a new companion (she’s never being by herself, there was always another birds around her) and she’s not friendly with me at all, she doesn’t trust me even though I spend a lot time with her

sorry for the long message but I’m very worry right now and I don’t want to lose her too, I already loss 3 birds in less than a year for different reasons… -> (1:Old, 2:bornavirus and 3: I think it was cancer )

Thank you for anyones time and consideration by answering this post.

( pic: mew/white & ditto/blue )
Rip My Mew…
:sorrow::sad4::sad9:

Attachments

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I’m so sorry. My youngest, Cloud, is in the same boat. If Mew was relatively young too & this death was otherwise unexpected, you’ll need to have a vet determine the cause before getting another bird.

DinoStormy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Emma
Long story short

i had 2 budgies but one of them pass away 3 days ago…
I Don’t Know what to do right now because the other is healthy and young but she is very depressed right now.
she stop being herself, not really eating, not playing, not drinking enough water, and rarely talks, I’m trying almost everything with her, but I Don’t Know what to do at this point, I Don’t Know if is a good idea to get her a new companion (she’s never being by herself, there was always another birds around her) and she’s not friendly with me at all, she doesn’t trust me even though I spend a lot time with her

sorry for the long message but I’m very worry right now and I don’t want to lose her too, I already loss 3 birds in less than a year for different reasons… -> (1:Old, 2:bornavirus and 3: I think it was cancer )

Thank you for anyones time and consideration by answering this post.

( pic: mew/white & ditto/blue )
Rip My Mew…
:sorrow::sad4::sad9:
This is such a sad story, I'm very sorry for you loss :(
My budgie when she lost her friend was very sad, I spent extra time with her and spoke to her. Take it slow, and I agree with @Sparkles99.
My budgie didn't eat for 3 days, even when I was offering her favourite treats.
I eventually got another friend but it's hard in the beginning for both you and Ditto.
If you do get a friend make sure the budgie is of similar age, that helps.

Fast forward to a year later both of mine are happy together, (Stormy and Yuki). There is light at the end of the tunnel.
:heart:

Lexusblond

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Give it time, birds grieve just like we do. Try and keep to the same routine as you had before the other one died and just sit quietly with her. Keep an eye on food and water, if she keeps having limited intake then a vet might be in order.

Isawe

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Isabel
Thank you all for the kind words and advices ❤ means a lot to me and I’m sure for ditto too, I will do as you guys advices me, I’m going to make an appointment for the vet and if she is healthy, I will look for a new companion for her later but not too late. You guys are awesome Thank you

Isawe

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Isabel
I went to the vet and they said she looks healthy but depressed, I may get her a new companion very soon… it breaks my heart know how lonely she feels right now :sad9: :sad4: Thank you everyone for the good wishes, me and my tiny princess with feathers are thankful to everyone in here:flowers:

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Poor baby! Sorry for your loss, too. Maybe giving her some of her favourite treats in her food might help brighten the mood.