• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My bird has some feathers sticking out?

Aegis

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kelly
My baby Apollo (sun conure, seven months) has always had some feathers that stick out on his head. They don’t seem to be hurting him and when we took him to the vet after we first got him she didn’t say anything about them. He’s already molted once and the feathers continue to stick out. Is this a cause for concern or does he just have a special little quirk?

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Hmm I wonder if he has a scar or something there causing them to grow in the wrong direction? I am not really sure on who to tag so I will try for @Hankmacaw as she may know or know who else to tag. If they are not bothering him then I do not think I would be too concerned about them, maybe it is like a cows lick on humans. I am quite interested to find out so I hope someone here knows about it.

Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Both of my birds had what I call "funny feathers" feathers that didn't grow out in the right direction. Never hurt them nor bothered them.

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
He rubbing against anything? My Apollo looked like that after he got a little bit of rug burn, accident. Since then, it has grown back and he looks normal.