• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Missing cockatiel

AyuBear

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kris
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg i am desperate at this point. My cockatiel has gone missing and I don't know where he is.

A little history- my cockatiel is a male with grey body, orange cheeks, yellow head, and I beautiful singing voice. His name is Boo. Boo is so well behaved and loving.

Boo recently had several eggs with his lady bird friend and one hatched. They were working together taking care of the baby, and he seemed happy.

But as the days went by, Boo became agitated and wasn't himself. He was antsy and almost crazy, wouldn't sit still and would bite us (he never bites). We began to think the stress of the baby was getting to him.

Wednesday night, I said goodnight to him and he seemed a bit better- sitting on his swing.

Thursday morning, he's gone. Just vanished. I spent a good 3+ hours looking for him. Nothing. No body, no chirping or singing, nothing. I checked everywhere.

The thought did come up that maybe he got outside, but the possibility is very slim. No doors or windows were left open. No one left the house.

It just doesn't make sense. I'm freaking out and can't find him. I can only assume he's dead, but where's the body?!

Does anyone have any advice? I'm completely devastated, and so is his baby momma. I'm helping her a lot with the baby, but I can't help but cry.

Attachments

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh no, I'm sorry you're little guy is missing. Do they sleep in a cage, or do they have free reign of the house? Is he flighted? Do you have any other pets? I imagine you looked under all the furniture, etc. I sure hope you can find your boy!
:sadhug2:

GreenGoblin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sherry
The lady who does my tattoos had her bird go missing. They tore the house apart looking for him.
It turns out when her daughter did the laundry he somehow ended up with the towels and was tucked away in the cupboard all snug.
I do hope you find him.

alicat

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ali
I so hope you find him. I had this happen to a gerbil of mine. One morning I woke up, the lid of the cage was on (but not the clasps...) and there was only 1 gerbil. I looked EVERYWHERE. closets, under beds, in the holes of my nephews car bed, anywhere he could have gone. We never ended up finding anything. No smell, no body. :(

He could have slipped anywhere though! Like GG said, if you opened any cabinets maybe he slipped in, any drawers that might have been open.. start checking places that seem ridiculous.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Lurch ended up in the washing machine one night when we thought he'd be OK if we left him out while we went on some errands. Left the lid open and he must have flow over and fell in. Luckily it was dry and empty but he couldn't open his wings or climb out on his own. He was very happy to be rescued and we were happy he was OK and we found him eventually. He did not make much noise either and I have noticed that with birds before. They tend to quiet down and sit still if they feel threatened and it makes it harder to find them till you accidentally see them.

Percy&Ivan

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
I Hope you find him! I agree if you are sure he didn't get out check in ridiculous places. Do you have pets that could have got him? If you have kids they might be "hiding" him. I would even check in the pantry, he could be any where at this point!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I hate to suggest this but look in small tight spaces where he might have got stuck. One of my tiels managed to get stuck between the bathtub and the bathroom stand (only God knows how/why) and we were lucky to find her in time because one of my son's friends said he thought we had a mouse in the bathroom (?? no food). She was upside down but we were able to save her.

I have lost a bird to a very small space between a bookshelf and the wall and we still don't know how or why.

lesliekiki

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Leslie
My friends cat got into a drawer of a window seat, then managed to squeeze behind the drawer. Finally after 24 hours someone heard a faint noise and pulled the drawer out! Were any drawers, vents, or cupboards open? Just keep ripping the house apart! We'll all be keeping are fingers crossed!!!!!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Any luck in finding him?

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Sending hugs and hopes you find him :hug8:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am sorry about your missing 'tiel. I hope that you found him. I have found birds hiding in boxes and under furniture.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I am sorry about your missing 'tiel. I hope that you found him. I have found birds hiding in boxes and under furniture.
We had a "missing" tiel once when a chipmunk chewed a big hole in the kitchen window screen. A young normal grey/cinnamon tiel we were sure had exited the house ... after a good 45 minutes of searching, considering taking the parents outside in a cage to see if anyone outside would answer we checked the kitchen again. Galley kitchen, a couple of baking potatos sitting on the counter to be prepared for dinner and lo and behold, the aforementioned missing tiel sitting on one of the taters. Not a peep, not a fluff, no movement, nothing, nada, zilch. His name was changed to Spud.:batonthehead: