• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Male or Female? To soon to tell??

Stevie

Strolling the yard
Ok thanks, I originally thought girl when I picked her out but now I’m leaning towards boy…but time will tell and you guys have probably had budgies way longer than me! I called her Stevie after Stevie on Schitts Creek…! Any tips for training girls re boys? I have only ever really trained and tamed large male parrots..

Stevie

Strolling the yard
Also I would love to get more, budgies that is….do you suggest taming/training Stevie first or do a few at a time?

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's so pretty!! I have been working with my two male budgies together. But if I had just one, that is where I would have started. Then introduced a friend.

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
What a gorgeous birdie!

Stevie

Strolling the yard
She's so pretty!! I have been working with my two male budgies together. But if I had just one, that is where I would have started. Then introduced a friend.
Thank you yes she is really gorgeous, the breeder shows them but apparently her colours were not good enough for showing! She is very sweet so far but so young of course… yes I thought just starting with one would be the best and introducing another later… thanks so much

Stevie

Strolling the yard
Lovely little lady is my guess. I also LOVE Stevie from Schitt's Creek. Perfect name!!
Thank you seems to be everyones thoughts! Doesn’t really worry me I just a male may have been easier when it come to training……thank you on the name, its one mine and my Son‘s fav show and we loved Stevie right from the start!

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Awwww, I just Looooove budgies!! I guess what I have to say on getting another bird is this: are you ready? Do you want another bird now? Do you think that you are in a good situation to do so? I think your birdie will handle another bird well, but the better question is if your ready :)

Stevie

Strolling the yard
Never underestimate a little hen's ability to convince you that she is trained while all the while completely training you...lol
Awwww, I just Looooove budgies!! I guess what I have to say on getting another bird is this: are you ready? Do you want another bird now? Do you think that you are in a good situation to do so? I think your birdie will handle another bird well, but the better question is if your ready :)
Haha I’m always ready been around animals my whole life….i grew up on a farm…..I have trained many birds in the past just never two at once…