• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Macaw Check-In

Hex

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amanda
I finally got Zero my greenwing home he will be one year old March 30th 2014 and of course a picture. or two

kackels

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kakie Currey
Can someone please turn the pic right side up?

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Amethyst: tell us your (and Pirate's) story, if you don't mind.

Shastasmom

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sally
Here's Murphy the Military and Pebbles the Scarlet! DSC02283.JPG DSC02273.JPG

Amethyst

Meeting neighbors
Pirate came to us 10 years ago as a rescue. His previous owners had kept him in a dark basement by himself with no light or stimulation. He quickly began to thrive with us and became a treasured member of our family. He is such a joy to play with and is so hungry to learn and explore. Unfortunately, my father recently became ill and is in need of a liver transplant. Because his immune system will be so weak after the transplant, we have been instructed by his doctors to remove any reptiles or birds from our home. This is heart breaking for us. I had been looking to find him a sanctuary to place him in after we learned of my father's illness. I no longer live at home and my dad has been able to give pirate less and less attention. Knowing this is unfair to him I had begun to look into other arrangements for him. I would take him into my home but my lease does not allow me to have a bird and unfortunately moving is not an option for me. Now that my dad is on the transplant list and we have been given these instructions I can no longer wait for space to be available in an aviary. He is in need of a home as soon as possible! I have a post for him up on the "Rehoming Highway" forum if you want to know a little more about him! Also you may email me if you have any questions.

amethystmckenrick@gmail.com

Stacie m.

Moving in
We're new here. Sassy, the Catalina has joined the hybrid gang here. A first generation Cat, I believe. Geez I need to tie my sister down and make her get me more info on Sassy's beginnings. I'll put that on my list of things to do. LOL. As for pictures I am working on getting the baby picts too.

Sparky04

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
I searched and couldn't find a macaw roll call.
This is Duncan who will be coming to live with us on Saturday. She's a 22 year old Yellow-Collared. Show off your macaws, I'm especially interested in seeing other people's yellow-collared macs.
duncan1.jpg

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I searched and couldn't find a macaw roll call.
This is Duncan who will be coming to live with us on Saturday. She's a 22 year old Yellow-Collared. Show off your macaws, I'm especially interested in seeing other people's yellow-collared macs.
View attachment 177198

The roll call thread is this one, Macaw Check-in. I moved your post. I think there is another YCM owner or two, but I can't recall their posting recently. The other active owner with Primolius minis is me :)

msplantladi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I have two rescued macaws, my profile pic is Salsa the male scarlet, Cannoli, the female military. They are almost 2 yrs old. I did purchase them but I say rescue due to the living conditions-long story short, this human thought "oh birds would be cool" not knowing how to care for them he left them alone alot on a stand in his back yard on cheap seed. They were awful screamers & biters-we are making baby steps & its so fun to watch them gain a whole new trust.

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Val (Valentine)
7 year old adopted female GW. I am her 3rd home. I got her 2/7/14
Hatchday 2/14/07 Hence the name her previous owner(s) gave her.

IMG_1617.JPG

IMAG0238_1_1.jpg

Tori
2 year old adopted female GW. I was her 5th home. I got her 1/6/14
She was my first bird but I only had her for 27 days. I figured something was off when I adopted her so I took her to the vet. She was diagnosed with Avian Bornavirus and passed away.

photo-36.jpg

Last edited:

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
I'm sooo sorry... hugs..:( she's beautiful! !

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Thanks Kaylea. There was nothing I could do so it's okay. She was eating wild bird seed and wasn't very social when she was in her previous home(s). She was a good ol' Cragslist girl. She got to eat normal macaw food, shower, train, and play around on the floor for the short time she was with me though so I'm happy. It was a bummer but death happens and I celebrated her life by adopting another fid that needed a home. Tori has a thread in the Heaven forum. Hugs to you too.
:hug8:

Speaking of new fids....I'm so excited for your flock! I've been thinking about creating a small flock but I'm a bit nervous to do that. I don't know much about owning more than one bird in terms of "oh crap they hate each other!" :blink: I'll make a thread on that topic sometime! I hope your fiddos are doing really well! Kisses to Sky and Ivy!