• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovebird won’t leave food bowl

Csolis22

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Constanza
My lovie has just been sitting at her food bowl with her head in the bowl.
It’s been like this for a couple of months, occasionally she plays with her toys but for the most part I’ve just caught her like the photo attached.

She’s acting very hormonal otherwise- and she doesn’t lose or gain weight. Not sure if this just behavioral at this point.

Not sure if anyone else has seen this with their lovie.

1F0B26CD-67DF-40AF-9F30-AA63DD45C03E.jpeg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sometimes hens will sit in the food bowl and nest. IT could be she can´t fit in so puts her head in instead but I´m not sure.

On that second pic she looks very swollen, if she hasn´t laid an egg recently, it´s likely one is coming.

I would change the food bowl so she can´t continue the behaviour and see if it helps.

edit; a bowl like this means that birds can´t sit inside it;

Last edited:

Csolis22

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Constanza
Sometimes hens will sit in the food bowl and nest. IT could be she can´t fit in so puts her head in instead but I´m not sure.

On that second pic she looks very swollen, if she hasn´t laid an egg recently, it´s likely one is coming.

I would change the food bowl so she can´t continue the behaviour and see if it helps.

edit; a bowl like this means that birds can´t sit inside it;
Thank you, I ended up ordering this but she somehow ended up falling ln love with it. :rolleyes:

She spends hours rubbing her head on it and kissing it, it’s horrible I don’t know how she manages to become fixated on everything I buy her.

She’s going to her vet today, she’s been regurgitating this white fluid and last night she stayed up all night regurgitating so neither of us got any sleep. Hopefully they can provide some answers, this lovie has me losing my mind. :(