• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

LOST CONURE! Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
.. I'm not so sure thats a good idea. I mean, yes, kids are great do for looking.. but going around and offering money to kids, i'm not so sure what their parents would think? idk..

dorn27

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kristi
I'm all for paying kids for information. Having them ask around about who might have found a bird or gotten a new pet is a great line of communication. Kids always know.

Perhaps if you word it like "If you find out who might have my bird, there is a reward of $50 if it leads to me getting him back." Don't word it as "ratting out" or "gossiping" about it. You should have them listen around the neighborhoods for squawks.

Also, I would call and report what you do know to the vets, shelters and actually the police (regarding a person NOT returning him update). If you believe the person has your bird, and refuses to return him to his owner, I think that's still theft. If you've got their email address, there are often officers that work in cyber crime and can get access to who owns an email address.

Did the orginal contact give you the NAME of the person who might have found this bird?

Otherwise, with the email you may be able to tract the person down on Facebook (and see if they've posted anything about a new bird) with the email address (and then find their full name and city where they live). Then you can look them up, file a police report and insist an office go with you to check the home.

If you make enough stink, the police WILL do something if you can track this person down.

Big.Green.Chicken

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
Don't mention the police and finding people with your bird.... I am still really ticked off

Unfortunately the people in my friend's county are not as "helpful". I haven't slept much, I'm emotionally and physically exhausted, so I won't post much other then to say that my post might have not come out yesterday the way it was intended. I paid children $5 just to look for my bird outside and gave them a flyer with my number and his picture on it. I said there was a reward for his return and if they found the people who had him, they could show them the flyer and also call me and I would go talk to them. I would be sure and give them a reward for helping me find him.

One shouldn't type when one is upset, tired, and frustrated so I will leave.

Thank you for your support.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I'm so sorry Anna :(

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Anna, you are doing all you can! I know it is hard but be strong and don't give up. I know you posted on CL in Wash DC, did you post on Baltimore CL too? I posted on 911 for you.
I would pay kids too if it was my bird. I would do all I could. I know you are physically and mentally exhausted. Get some rest and start again. I am praying for you!

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Anna hang in there, dont give up hope ok? You are doing everything you can. :hug8:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Anna,First I'm So Sorry that You are going through this:hug8:Second-I would do just what Your doing-ANYTHING I could to get My Fid Back:hug8:I sure Hope that when You said Your leaving,that You did not Mean that Your leaving the Avenue.You have SO Many of Us hoping and Praying for His return to You:hug8:And Bless Your Heart for helping that Little girl to Get Her tiel Back:hug8:

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
Thank you everyone. I didn't mean I was leaving for good, just for the night.

My posters and money produced results. I got good news, and bad news.

I found out my bird is in Virginia Beach with someone's friend's Aunt. She took him home when she left the party on Father's Day.

We also found out it is doubtful we will be getting him back, even if we can get the adults to admit it happened and tell us where she lives.

I have always thought the best of everyone, but I have to say I am really losing my faith in people.

At least I know he isn't out there starving.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What!? Are you serious they wont give him back?

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Why let people know they have him then not give him back! There has to be something you can do. Are you sure it is him? This makes me so mad!

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Can you sick the spca on them? They took Jourdan back because of the way you got him why can't they do the same thing to this person?

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
One of the kids told my friend what happened. When we knocked on the door and went to talk to the adults they acted like they didn't know what we were talking about.
The parting shot of "Even if my sister did have your bird, you lost it. Doesn't sound to me like you took very good care of it in the first place."

The bird is supposedly in Virginia Beach, I only have the word of a child, and the spca that took Jourdan is in MD in my county, not the county where my friends live. The people don't have the bird in their posession, they didn't admit they knew where the bird was.

As far as the law goes, no proof, pictures, etc of them with it, no help.

Plenty of people saw Jourdan going to the vet and heard him. We never tried to hide his presence. We thought we legally owned him.

What everyone doesn't realize is the law isn't always fair, or helpful when you need it.

Riley's mom

Real Name
Cindy
I'm sorry about your bird. Trying to recover lost animals is a touchy thing. Unless there is a registered microchip or pronounced identifying markings, there is no way to prove it is yours. Even a leg band is not a gaurantee because they can be removed easily enough. I hope you can find a way to get him back, even if it means filing civil suits against some individuals.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Anna I am so sorry. I can not believe the shaft you have gotten with Jourdan and now Sweetpea. I hope these people will come to their senses. This is just not right!! :(

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Any updates? Have you been able to get these people to see how wrong they are to keep him?

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
Any updates? Have you been able to get these people to see how wrong they are to keep him?
No, they haven't seen the light.

Considering how I took their snide comment about me not deserving to have my bird back anyway, I really don't think they ever will.

I really am a very nice person, I would never dream of hitting anyone as I don't think violence solves anything. I don't think emotional or verbal abuse is ok either. I mediate all arguments in my rather large family so there is peace. Still, when she said that, I am embarassed to say that I saw red and my friends say I became more than a little rude and possibly a slight bit violent. Not that they let me harm anyone or say much. They assure me they got me out of there before I went completely postal. I really don't remember much and I have never been that angry in my entire life.

Once the police said there was nothing they would do without concrete evidence my husband insisted I let it go.

MollyMouse

Oh Anna you have had such a rough time of things. Sometimes life isn't fair that's for sure.

Artistic Feathers

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jenn
Anna I am so sorry :(

What about the emails tho, are they not evidence? I mean you put something on craigslist you got an email of response from the friend who knew where the fid was. You emailed that person and they act like they don't know?!?!?!

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Anna I really can not believe that they won't give you back your bird! UGH!! :( I don't believe in violence either but I am a firm believer in Karma and what comes around goes around thats for sure!!! I'm soo sorry this is really unbelievable especially after everything that you went thru with Jordan.. :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.