• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

LOST CONURE! Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Anna, I posted on 911 for you. I put my email because I did not know yours. I hope this was ok.
I hope you hear soon.

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Still sending prayers that those people email you and that they have your little Sweetpea.. Please call Anna.... :hug8:

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Oh I hope it is her!!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Any news today? Im waiting on pins and needles to hear.

Big.Green.Chicken

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
I haven't gotten any emails at all from the original person. I did an email search but nothing showed up online. I was out again, but no dog walkers, kids on bikes, or joggers had seen him. I did find the tiel owner is a little girl and told them where he was. I think they are going to set up his cage next to Sweetpea's. I am wondering now if I should even leave it there. More then one person told me how pretty he was and how lucky I would be if someone actually gave him back. What if the person changed their mind and decided to keep him?

I just don't know what to do.

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Oh Anna, my heart just breaks for you... You just have to keep the faith that there are good people out there and that they would return you your baby if they found him.. And thank you for helping out the tiel owner :hug8:

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
If nothing else, at least they will get their bird back...

dorn27

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kristi
Did you trace their IP address to be sure it isn't someone outside the area screwing with your heart strings? There are always trolls... I'm hoping desperately this is not the case, but most IP address in US can be traced to the same city the person lives in, often within a mile or a few blocks (if its a large city as I think you mentioned).
It wont give you the extra address, but it will at least tell you they're not located out of state or something.

I would email the person who sent you the message again AND the person who they claim found the green bird one more time, flag it important and make the message subject something interesting that will catch their attention. Perhaps the person who refered you to the finder has their number. Tell them you'd just like to know its not your bird, even if they already reunited the owners.

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
Thank you for your advice Krisiti. I am waiting till tonight to email them again. They did post on the hotline and are in my area. I have told everyone I email and see there is a reward for his return. No one is very encouraging and I am starting to get really depressed. I'm leaving to go out now and hit the parks and median strips where the kids play football. It is the 3rd day, so if he is still out there, he would be hungry

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
stay positive Anna - I know it's discouraging but hang in there

sending prayers and positive energy that he turns up today

:hug8:

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Praying that you're able to find him and that he is safe.:hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Anna call me superstitious but I have to pray St. Francis could you please guide Sweetpea back home please? It seems this prayer has helped many recently on our board so I pray it will help Sweetpea find her way home today.

Last edited:

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

We have a strong feeling that he was found, but isn't going to be returned because they have decided to keep him.

I haven't gotten any further emails, calls, or bird sightings. On a positive note, the little girl got her tiel back. He came down into his own cage for food. I have that to feel good about.

I will just keep emailing and calling the vets just in case.

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
You are doing great, dont give up :hug8:

Thats great to hear that the little girl got her cockatiel back! I hope you get your baby back soon as well.

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
My friend and I are going to walk around tonight and offer kids 5 bucks a piece to look and more if they can find and 50 if they rat someone out and we find him.

Status
Not open for further replies.