• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for Cockatiel Cage Advice!

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How active is your tiel inside and outside of his cage? We purchased a bigger cage for ours, and he spends the same amount of time and the same amount of energy playing in his new, much bigger one as he did his original one. Now granted, he’s a card carrying member of the perch potato club. He couldn’t care less that we got him a bigger cage. He prefers being out and about!

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
How active is your tiel inside and outside of his cage? We purchased a bigger cage for ours, and he spends the same amount of time and the same amount of energy playing in his new, much bigger one as he did his original one. Now granted, he’s a card carrying member of the perch potato club. He couldn’t care less that we got him a bigger cage. He prefers being out and about!
That's actually a really good point, my mom pointed it out as well :hmmm: I'd say he's about average, he isn't the biggest perch potato out there but he isn't that active either. It really depends on the day, too. Some days he will just whistle, nap, preen and beg for scritches. On others, he will walk around on the table (even if he's not supposed to, he keeps coming back!) and climb his cage and stand to look for something to chew on :lol:In his cage he is mainly a perch potato, but he will sometime get bursts of energy and decide to explore the bottom of his cage, go up and down his boing (usually when I'm in the room, excitement maybe? or boredom since he's too shy to practice his whistles when I'm there?) or play with three of his toys at the same time, taking short turns :laugh: So it's possible he won't use the new space, but he also might... I'll definitely have to think about it, thanks a bunch for pointing it out! I don't know if I'll find out unless I try, which is also why I'm looking for a less expensive cage :)

Last edited: