• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Little Model

music2music

Meeting neighbors
Forgot to mention: these were taken last month, so the perch covers aren't in there anymore. He chewed on them too much.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Very cute! He needs a bigger cage and natural perches, not dowels.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
He looks like such a sweet little bird!:heart:

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
You could put 2 inch birdie bangles on some of his perches for him to chew on. Like @saroj12 said the dowels aren't good and will hurt his feet over time.

music2music

Meeting neighbors
I'm looking around for new perches. He does seem to like the branch one I have gotten him, I'm trying to find more like that one that isn't coated in grit like some pet stores offer.

I was also thinking about investing in a bigger cage for him. I have seen one I liked, but it's not the cheapest thing in the world. I'm trying to find a job so my parents don't have to pay for another one.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
He definitely is a cutie...:)

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
He's a beautiful bird. It's clear how much you love him. It takes time to get all we want for our birds. You'll get there.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I'm looking around for new perches. He does seem to like the branch one I have gotten him, I'm trying to find more like that one that isn't coated in grit like some pet stores offer.

I was also thinking about investing in a bigger cage for him. I have seen one I liked, but it's not the cheapest thing in the world. I'm trying to find a job so my parents don't have to pay for another one.

Wish you the best of luck and hope you find a good job!

music2music

Meeting neighbors
The cage I have now was from my first budgie, Nova. He passed away a few years ago, and kept the cage since he was only with us for 4 days. Almost all the toys we have for Twiggy are new because either he destroyed them or I saw something he might have liked in the Pet Store. He deserves the extra room, but he's happy with his current cage, so I'm not in too big of a rush for a new cage. He still flaps around, climbs, and skitters in there just fine.

20180218_125034.jpg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
My dad has a pair of cages close to that size. His budgies are out all day when they're home so they mainly just go in to eat and to sleep for the night. If my dad & step-mom have to go somewhere for a few hours, they face the two cages together to make what they call the "birdie condo" since the doors line up.

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
He is totally adorable...........you'll just have to make sure you play and work with him outside the cage a lot so he doesn't feel so confined. I just love the coloring of Budgies. Good luck!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
He'll probably get used to the new perch after a few days if you can set it nearby where he can see it & maybe fly over to explore it before it goes in his cage. :)

You can check out Craigslist to see if anyone has any nice, larger cages that might be more affordable. They may take a bit of deep cleaning, but as long as they're not broken, rusty or round you should be able to find some good ones. (And if you find any that are really funny and ridiculous, please post them here for the rest of us to enjoy, too!) :hehe: The Funny Used Cages Thread | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum