• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Little bald spot above beak

Haydenb

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hayden Barr
Hi; I have a 4 month old Green Cheek Conure who has a small bald spot on her head. She's moulting heavily & it looks like there's pin feathers just starting to grow; is this something I should be worried about? She hasn't had any behavioral changes & I haven't changed her diet of 2/3rds pellets & 1/3rd variety of fruits and veggies, could this be some sort of feather related disease, injury or just nothing to worry about?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Do you have a photo?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If it came out of nowhere, it is possible she accidentally hit it or rubbed it on a toy too hard or something. I wouldn't immediately expect it to be disease related unless she seems to be acting poorly, has other symptoms, or the feather loss continues. My conure loved scratching herself on a little toy in her cage but gave herself a small bald spot from being too vigorous. It filled back in very quickly after removing the toy.

Haydenb

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hayden Barr
I think you might be right; I tried switching out some toys since I haven't done that in awhile & the spot seems to be filling up