• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnie Health Questions.

LyKanix

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Logan
Hello,
I own a 2 year old Linnieolated or Barred parakeet named Nico and I have some health questions about him. First of all, his eyes look strange to me. As seen in the pictures below, he has partly foggy pupils. This does not worry me as his eyes have been like that for a long time without any problems, but what does worry me is how his eyelids seem like they are receding. Instead of only being able to see the black part of his eyes you can also see the white outer edge. Is this normal? Secondly, it seems to me like his feathers are losing some of their coloration. Could this be caused by lack of vitamins, and if so which ones could he be lacking and what can I do to improve in those areas? Finally, he only likes to eat his seed (which is a conure mix combined with other pellets and some occasional "herb salad" because I also have a conure) and the only time I can get him to eat his fruits and vegetables is if I take him out of his cage. This is causing him to be a little skinny. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Besides those potential issues nothing else is wrong with him. If you have any information or suggestions please reply; I would really appreciate it. PS I was just using that plate so I could feed him for a couple minutes without him pooping on my desk. I was not gonna let him get anywhere close to food crumbs.

image1.jpeg image2.jpeg

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Bump :bump8: