• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kuiper

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor little lad. It sounds like he had some significant health issues going on, and I don't think you could have done anything about them. At least he got to experience your care and love, even if for such a short time.
Thank you! Yes, he had some issues, and I'm happy I could keep him safe, fed, and with friends for his final months!

@Kassiani I was wondering about your boys - I missed this thread.
I am so sorry :(
I'm sure giving him a friendly, clean home and some love is just what he needed while he was here.

Little Ogie seems healthy and active but already being 27, I'm not necessarily expecting him to be here long.
Of course I brought him home knowing that from the get-go.
I'm happy that you chose the two you did. I know that your fiery-eyed Ogie will have a wonderful home with you! Those two won that Jackpot!!

I’m so sorry for your loss, how are your other two budgies taking it? And how long had you had Kuiper? :sadhug2::sorrow::sad3:
My boys have not continued calling for him by now, but they are re-establishing some sort of pecking order. Juju was bonding with Kuiper, and now that he's gone, the Blue Boys have been doing a bit of squabbling.

Keetie!

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Joanne
Oh, I’m so sorry. I know you worked hard to give him the most comfortable and enriched life possible. Fly high, Kuiper
I made sure to put his tiny body back in the cage so Jelly and Juju could see him and try to understand. Juju flew down and tried to talk to him and gently bumped Kuiper with his beak. He then flew back up to a perch and started singing. Jelly came over to Juju to comfort him (or at least that's how I'm interpreting his behavior). Jelly did not fly down to see him. He was always the more cautious of the two.
Dear Kassiani! I just read that Kuiper passed away! I am so sorry for your loss! How old was Kuiper and how long was he in your care? Again...so sorry!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Dear Kassiani! I just read that Kuiper passed away! I am so sorry for your loss! How old was Kuiper and how long was he in your care? Again...so sorry!
Thank you, Keetie! I brought Kuiper and Opie home on January 26th. We don’t know his age as he was found outside and brought to the rescue. I had him about 4 months. He was a feisty, sweet boy!

Keetie!

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Joanne
Thank you, Keetie! I brought Kuiper and Opie home on January 26th. We don’t know his age as he was found outside and brought to the rescue. I had him about 4 months. He was a feisty, sweet boy!
Kuiper had the best mommy in the world...he knew he was LOVED!:heart:

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry you lost Kuiper. :sorrow: At least he had someone who loved him very dearly.

Dorcas George

Rollerblading along the road
I woke up this morning to see Kuiper on the bottom of the cage with his head to one side and his legs toward his tail and feet clenched. He was still breathing, so I picked him up gently and prepared a hospital cage for him to take to the E vet. He passed while I was preparing the hot water bottle for the cage :sorrow::sad2::sad2:
I’m just now seeing this. I’m so sorry! Was rooting for him.