• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kass

Amora&Kass

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Amora
So I’m not sure if I’m supposed to put this here, I’m new to this so I apologise haha. Anyways, I got a pineapple Conure for my birthday 5 days ago. Now, I don’t want to rush things because I need to gain my birds trust but I need some information on when it is a good time for me to start hand training Kass. (My bird) Also, he recently started chewing on his cage bars and I’m not sure how I’m supposed to deal with that ahah. So yeah, if anyone can offer me help, it’ll be really appreciated. He also isn’t very vocal, he sometimes does crunching and small chirps but that hardly happens.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the Avenue Amora! :starshower1:
Happy birthday and congratulations!
I have moved your thread over to a more relevant forum for you, for a better response :)
(The comment court is for site stuff ;) Don´t apologise, it´s ok :) )

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Congrats on your new bird. Is your bird comfortable with you yet? Each bird is different so you have to kind of move at the bird's pace. My cockatoo was out and playing the minute I brought him home. My first cockatiel took a couple weeks before he wanted to come out of his cage. It just depends. Does your bird have toys to chew on?

Amora&Kass

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Amora
Congrats on your new bird. Is your bird comfortable with you yet? Each bird is different so you have to kind of move at the bird's pace. My cockatoo was out and playing the minute I brought him home. My first cockatiel took a couple weeks before he wanted to come out of his cage. It just depends. Does your bird have toys to chew on?
My bird has many different toys but he doesn’t actually play with them. I don’t think my bird is comfortable with me yet so I’ll wait a few more days or weeks until I try to hand tame him

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
Each bird is so different. Jesse was found in a parking lot, and was only a few months old. He had evidently been handle because he was friendly from the start. (We tried to find his owners, but no luck.) Hope and Faith were gotten as babies, just weaned, and handled by the sweet lady who breeds. So of course, the were cuddly. Now, Beau is another story. He is supposedly 10 years old. No history, other than he lived at the rescue for two years. He will ride around on my shoulder, but does not want to be touched. Which breaks my heart. I see him scratching his neck with toys. Someday!!!!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Congratulations and happy birthday! :starshower1: I love your profile picture!:heart:

Just watch his body language, and if he looks like he is frustrated and wants to come out leave his door open and allow yourself plenty of time. Keep his food in his cage so he will go back when he is hungry, but it might take hours, so be prepared.

To help earn his trust in the meantime, find a treat he really likes and save it just for training. Drop it in his food dish when you walk by, and sit near his cage and read to him. Just remember to never force him to do anything, but make everything his choice. You might want to start with target training while he is in his cage.