• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kakariki rehoming

sarahkal

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tinnin
Unfortunately, i must rehome my beloved kakariki. i’ve had him for over 4 months and i’m gutted. What’s the best place to give him away because i want to ensure he’s happy and well looked after. Also, will he miss or remember me? i don’t want him to be sad. :( Is it difficult for kakarikis to be to rehomed or do they move on quickly with their new owner?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm very sorry that you have to rehome your bird. If you're interested in someone here perhaps taking him you can post more information. There's a post that you have to read and agree to on here if you want to put info here about your bird. Also, you could relinquish him to a rescue and they can work on finding him a good home. If you tell us where you are, we can perhaps suggest some good rescues near you.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
There's a post that you have to read and agree to on here if you want to put info here about your bird.
Here is a direct link;

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Aww, that's so sad that you have to rehome him :( I hope you find a great home for your much-loved birdie! :hug5:

BlueBird67

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mo
I know a some people who rehome birds quickly into happy homes: Phoenix Landing Parrot Foundation. I'm sure that they'd take in a kakariki! Try finding a person who will let you visit your bird once in a while. <(v)

sarahkal

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tinnin
I'm very sorry that you have to rehome your bird. If you're interested in someone here perhaps taking him you can post more information. There's a post that you have to read and agree to on here if you want to put info here about your bird. Also, you could relinquish him to a rescue and they can work on finding him a good home. If you tell us where you are, we can perhaps suggest some good rescues near you.
thank you so much i will look in further to that. i am based in feltham in south west london

sarahkal

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tinnin
I know a some people who rehome birds quickly into happy homes: Phoenix Landing Parrot Foundation. I'm sure that they'd take in a kakariki! Try finding a person who will let you visit your bird once in a while. <(v)
that’s excellent news. i’ll definitely look into that foundation

sarahkal

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tinnin