• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Journal - Should zoo foods be chopped (macaws)

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Is what you mean that your bird has trouble keeping it still because the one I got is a little heavy, so eating off it isn't too hard.
No she doesnt like anything that moves to much she is curious but far to nervy, i have moved all of her toys against her cage bars now after speaking to Shawna and that is helping but scewers tend to not work with her by the time she decides to look at it its time for it to come out.
She will get tbere though she has dabled with them but hasnt for a while and wont.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Mojo likes to move her not chop around her cage to snack on later, i then clear it from all her platform perches before bed.
Tonight i spotted this :nocomment:
20220819_190455.jpg
I spotted this tonight she has started hiding it in her toy box :faint: i have been cleaning food out from the bottom every day for weeks and just thought she had dropped bits into it.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Even though Bebe is not a macaw I have found he loves his kale whole and floating in his bath.. If you dice it into strips they are great for playing toss around the cage. But whole he will nibble until it sinks in his tub.