• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It's Time!

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
It might be the problem I’ve read a lot about it too but I don’t know much about it is there a lot of dust is he quite close to them
During the day they are all in the living room, quite close. We usually have the air purifier going. At night though, they are all in one bedroom. The bedrooms are a good size, but not once you put 3 large cages in! I was going to transfer him into his new cage (the one that won't fit through the bedroom doors) today, but I am extremely ill and George won't be here as he has a 2 hour drive to the vet's to pick up Oscar's medicine, and 2 hours back!

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
During the day they are all in the living room, quite close. We usually have the air purifier going. At night though, they are all in one bedroom. The bedrooms are a good size, but not once you put 3 large cages in! I was going to transfer him into his new cage (the one that won't fit through the bedroom doors) today, but I am extremely ill and George won't be here as he has a 2 hour drive to the vet's to pick up Oscar's medicine, and 2 hours back!
Hope your feeling better soon

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry to hear that everyone is under the weather. I hope yall start feeling better soon.

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Sorry to hear that everyone is under the weather. I hope yall start feeling better soon.
Thank you. I haven't had a cold this bad in I don't know how many years. It's horrible.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope you feel better. There used to be a post somewhere on here with a good YouTube video showing how to give meds. I will try to look for it. Also, did the vet say if you can put it on food? I have to give Rosie meds every day and I just put it on a tiny piece of animal cracker. For Milton, I did a little bit of baby food.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I vote for food. Secret loves getting it out of a spoon. The personal attention plus baby food....

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
I hope you feel better. There used to be a post somewhere on here with a good YouTube video showing how to give meds. I will try to look for it. Also, did the vet say if you can put it on food? I have to give Rosie meds every day and I just put it on a tiny piece of animal cracker. For Milton, I did a little bit of baby food.
This morning we did the first dose. Oscar just stood quietly while George put the towel over him and wrapped him up. The medicine is thick like honey. He only gets 1ml a day for 14 days. As he opened his beak to greet the syringe with a bite, I squirted the medicine in. His eyes got big and he pretty much begged for more! You could just see he loved it! It's pina colada flavored. So, I guess he'd like coconuts. (Yucky... Imo). Looks like this is going to be a breeze!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This morning we did the first dose. Oscar just stood quietly while George put the towel over him and wrapped him up. The medicine is thick like honey. He only gets 1ml a day for 14 days. As he opened his beak to greet the syringe with a bite, I squirted the medicine in. His eyes got big and he pretty much begged for more! You could just see he loved it! It's pina colada flavored. So, I guess he'd like coconuts. (Yucky... Imo). Looks like this is going to be a breeze!
Oh good that's such a relief!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Aww glad it wasn’t too hard on you both how you feeling

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Aww glad it wasn’t too hard on you both how you feeling
Well, the congestion seems to be letting up a little, but the constant coughing and sore throat haven't let up. Coughed myself silly all night last night. Thanks for asking!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Feel better; I always ouch my not tea , it does help sore throats and I don't think makes you feel better.
Tea hot water ( but no tea)
A slice of each in the hit water
Lemon
Lime
Orange
Really takes all 3 for the magic
And honey to taste

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Thank you. I haven't had a cold this bad in I don't know how many years. It's horrible.
I have to agree, it is horrible and like you I haven't had a cold this bad in years.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Well, the congestion seems to be letting up a little, but the constant coughing and sore throat haven't let up. Coughed myself silly all night last night. Thanks for asking!
Hope your feeling better today
Colds just seem to be awful at min my daughters had one for 2weeks now tonsillitis oral thrush upper respiratory infection and green snot doctors said viral so won’t give her anything apart from oral thrush meds

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Hope your feeling better today
Colds just seem to be awful at min my daughters had one for 2weeks now tonsillitis oral thrush upper respiratory infection and green snot doctors said viral so won’t give her anything apart from oral thrush meds
Oh my goodness! Tell your daughter I hope she feels better soon. I'm pretty much the same. I can handle the copious amount of mucus, but the constant violent coughing is killing me!

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Feel better; I always ouch my not tea , it does help sore throats and I don't think makes you feel better.
Tea hot water ( but no tea)
A slice of each in the hit water
Lemon
Lime
Orange
Really takes all 3 for the magic
And honey to taste
I happen to have some lemons and limes, but no oranges. Sending George down the mountain today to get a few things... I'll add it to the list! I'm desperate to get some relief!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I happen to have some lemons and limes, but no oranges. Sending George down the mountain today to get a few things... I'll add it to the list! I'm desperate to get some relief!
It was shared with me by intensive care cancer nurse. I really think helps . Friends I have had try when sick says it helps , especially nausea and sore throat from vomiting

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue