• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is the cage size okay?

Ilovebirb

Hit the Road
Real Name
Lucas
Hi guys! This is my first post here! I'm really worried if the cage I bought has enough room for 1 cockateils! Unfortunely it was the biggest one I could find in my country! The ones other people recommend in reddit wasn't available on amazon, and the ones that was don't ship to my country!
Measurement in inches: 23x27x36

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Lucas :)

The measurements are ok (minimum size for a cockatiel), but the cage, though hexagon, is essentially a round cage. Are there none in a rectangle shape?

Ilovebirb

Hit the Road
Real Name
Lucas
No! I saw some beautiful and big rectangle cages in amazon, but I couldn't buy none of them

Ilovebirb

Hit the Road
Real Name
Lucas
Edit: I saw that instead of 2 I wrote 1! But I intend to buy 2 because a lot of people said to me that it is very good for the bird to have an companion during the day! But I also intend to leave them free in my closed balcony for the most part of the day! (with my supervision, of course)

Ilovebirb

Hit the Road
Real Name
Lucas
And what pissed me off is that I bought one cage before this one, that was rectangle but way smaller. A lot of sellers said that it could fit even 3 cockateils! And even the breeders in my region! When I checked out to see if the information matches I saw that it was false! Then I bought this other cage

Ilovebirb

Hit the Road
Real Name
Lucas
Welcome to the Avenue Lucas :)

The measurements are ok (minimum size for a cockatiel), but the cage, though hexagon, is essentially a round cage. Are there none in a rectangle shape?
Also, sorry, I forgot to thank you! Have a lovely day!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Maybe it could be ok if you put it in the corner of the room? If your birds will be on the balcony/avairy, this would then be more of a sleep cage.

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
btw what country are you in? we could help find specific cages there

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I think odd-shaped cages like this only work if you can place them in the corner and cover several of the sides so the bird isn't too exposed, which can cause them a lot of anxiety.

I have a corner cage for my grey and love it, but for smaller birds and cages of this size, I feel like a rectangular one would be a better option if you can find one.

Good luck.