• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is my cockatiel nostrils okay?

birdman88

Moving in
Hi, I'm new here and a new cockatiel owner. We've had this cockatiel for about a month and she is fine, she's eating, drinking, playing etc. But, her right nostril seems clogged up by what looks like boogers. And her feathers just above the nostril are hardernd. Is this normal or should i do something?

The last picture is also after she had a bath. First pictures are a bit muddy but basically it looks like a bogger is stuck and stuck a bit in the hardernd feathers.

Attachments

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
you may wanna take her to an avian vet for an exam, because if there's a rhinolith (very common in dusty birds) the vet can remove it or examine to see what's causing the problem

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I can't see the pic too well but if there's discharge coming out, the tiel should be checked by a vet.

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Maybe offer misting and warm water for showers, but nothing I can think of

birdman88

Moving in
I managed to wet a q tip and scratched carefully, it removed whatever was stuck there (i think it was that dust thing, hardend feathers or something) anyways, now it's clean but a bit red (I guess from removing the clump)