• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is my budgie dying or just sick? (Sad update #3)

ChubbChubb

Sitting on the front steps
My budgie is somewhere in between 5 to 6 years old. I am currently away from home on a trip and will drive back today. My dad sent me a message saying our oldest budgie, Felice, is sick. He showed us on video that she was sitting at the bottom of the cage panting. Apparently she's been in that state since yesterday. Is she possibly dying? She usually eats well and her water is always clean, so I just want to make sure.. thanks!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
That's very hard to know. Could be egg related, could be illness. I don't think it's just a natural part of life and she's passing on because it's time. Something is wrong.

ChubbChubb

That's very hard to know. Could be egg related, could be illness. I don't think it's just a natural part of life and she's passing on because it's time. Something is wrong.
My dad mentioned that two days ago or so she flew and hit the balcony door really hard. I believe he said she was fine after a few minutes. Could this be shock? Or something similar to like a concussions?

ChubbChubb

It's okay. I'll miss her since she's the first bird I ever got. But she was kind of growing old, and I accepted that it would happen sooner or later. I'm just disappointed I can't hold her one last time, I'll be back home and she'll already be buried.. ‍♀

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm very sorry for your loss :(

My dad mentioned that two days ago or so she flew and hit the balcony door really hard. I believe he said she was fine after a few minutes. Could this be shock? Or something similar to like a concussions?
They can definitely get internal injuries from crashes unfortunately. :( Without a vet's input, it's hard to know exactly what happened.

ChubbChubb

I'm very sorry for your loss :(

They can definitely get internal injuries from crashes unfortunately. :( Without a vet's input, it's hard to know exactly what happened.
Thank you for your condolences.

I guess so.. but we only have one or two avian vets neat us and they're suuuuuper expensive. Last time we paid almost 400$ and the bird ended up dying an hour later. We just hope they're alright and if they're injured treat them at home. But since she wasn't obvious about it, we didn't know she was sick until it was too late.. but it's alright. Thanks for the help nonetheless..!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am sorry for your loss.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I'm very sorry for your loss. It's extra hard when you are away and unsure of circumstances. I'm just so very sorry

TheFatBIRB

Walking the driveway
Real Name
David
:(So sorry for your loss. Fly high sweet budgie.