• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Injured wing?

Lothetiel

Sitting on the front steps
So my cockatiel got spooked and took off and hit a chair. Didn’t seem hard but when I picked him up I noticed his wing was tense. He was moving it like it was bothering him and when I tried to inspect he started screaming and biting so I left him alone. He’s constantly preening it and still moving it. I did get a decent look underneath his wing and I didn’t see and visible damage. He seems to be somewhat active but hasn’t flown since. (He doesn’t fly a lot anyways so that may not be related) I’m pretty worried and need to know if I need to find a vet.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I think because he still seems to have an issue with it, I would see a vet. At the very least you could get some anti-inflammatory/pain meds.

Lothetiel

Sitting on the front steps
Monitor for a while but if it continues to bother him then do take him to a vet. Could just be slightly sore from hitting the chair but then could be something more serious. If you need a vet you can search here:
Okay. He seemed to be doing a little bit better but then he flew and it was obviously really bothering him. I’m going to be finding a vet soon so if it bothers him all day we might take him.