• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Indian ringnecked's diet and meals

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
Hello there.
hope everyone has a good time ^-^
So, my problem is with my tweet's eating
He barely eats much even when i offer his favorite food.
Does it because i always put food every time for him (i don't want him to get hungry )
Well i want to know how much of food does a less than a year old IRN eat in day?
His diet includes: pasta, veggies, fruit, seed(mix but he prefers sunflower).
Also how many meals he need daily?
tweety's doing well, his feather is growing and he's attracted to me A LOT

Is it ok for not offering food every time?
Shall i start to give him meal at exact time ( like breakfast, lunch and dinner )?
Also i what is the best pellet i can buy for him for the first time?

Sorry for too many questions but i'm worried about my baby :"(

ParrotNuts

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Atharv
Also how many meals he need daily?
Is some food available to him all the time? If no, you may want to do that because he may not be hungry at that given point of time.

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
Is some food available to him all the time? If no, you may want to do that because he may not be hungry at that given point of time.
Yes i always make sure there's food all time in front of him
So maybe that's why he doesn't eat much because he knows there's food always....

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have food available at all times for them. I do two "meals". In the morning I give fresh foods, and refill foraging toys with pellets and nuts. Then remove the fresh food after a few hours. An hour before bedtime I refill his dry food bowl with pellets and Nutriberries.

If he's a picky eater, Zupreem Fruity tends to be the easiest pellet to convert them too, then you can usually switch later to an undyed and unsweetened pellet.

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
I have food available at all times for them. I do two "meals". In the morning I give fresh foods, and refill foraging toys with pellets and nuts. Then remove the fresh food after a few hours. An hour before bedtime I refill his dry food bowl with pellets and Nutriberries.

If he's a picky eater, Zupreem Fruity tends to be the easiest pellet to convert them too, then you can usually switch later to an undyed and unsweetened pellet.
I do the same with fresh food.
I shall try what you recommend, it seems helpful
Thank you ^^