• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 I think Leela is dying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I do have a break, but I don't have a way of getting back home to check on her. Not being able to drive really sucks.
If it is entirely impossible for you to check on her, then here's what I'd do:
Give her a juicy sprig of millet, some cuttlebone, and fresh bedding. Turn the heat on. Give her some more water. Give her lots of love, and cuddles. SHE NEEDS ACCESS TO FRESH WATER.

Bailey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
Unfortunately, I think you're right. Your poor Leela sounds deathly ill. If you cannot get vet care for her then I think it would be in her best interest to surrender her to a rescue or shelter so they can pay for her care.

If that is absolutely not possible either, then keep her warm and comfortable so she can pass peacefully.

I would attempt all of Anne's suggestions too, just in case it is egg binding.

:hug8:

Alex92

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Alex
If we didn't all have work tonight, I would of been able to take her to the vet. It's just with black friday, anyone that doesn't come in gets immediately terminated. My family and I are not able to take that all. She has fresh bedding, brand new water and access to all the millet and food she could want. I even gave her a piece of a croissant roll that she didn't refuse. I just need well wishes...if it happened any other day I would of been able to do more for her....thanks guys...I'll keep it updated when I get back tomorrow afternoon.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Unfortunately, I think you're right. Your poor Leela sounds deathly ill. If you cannot get vet care for her then I think it would be in her best interest to surrender her to a rescue or shelter so they can pay for her care.

If that is absolutely not possible either, then keep her warm and comfortable so she can pass peacefully.

I would attempt all of Anne's suggestions too, just in case it is egg binding.

:hug8:
Bjknight has said some things that may make you feel bad, but she definitely is posting with the best interests of Leela. :(

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
If we didn't all have work tonight, I would of been able to take her to the vet. It's just with black friday, anyone that doesn't come in gets immediately terminated. My family and I are not able to take that all. She has fresh bedding, brand new water and access to all the millet and food she could want. I even gave her a piece of a croissant roll that she didn't refuse. I just need well wishes...if it happened any other day I would of been able to do more for her....thanks guys...I'll keep it updated when I get back tomorrow afternoon.
I will be waiting and hoping. :hug8:

Alex92

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Alex
Bjknight has said some things that may make you feel bad, but she definitely is posting with the best interests of Leela. :(
Even if I could get to a place like that, I have no way there. I don't drive. If I did drive I would of brought her to the emergency vet 25 miles from me. It's just such bad timing right now. I adopted her, and I took her in and she is my responsibility. I just wish it had happened another day.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Even if I could get to a place like that, I have no way there. I don't drive. If I did drive I would of brought her to the emergency vet 25 miles from me. It's just such bad timing right now. I adopted her, and I took her in and she is my responsibility. I just wish it had happened another day.
There are many times I feel that way too. :)
Right now, I can see you are doing everything in your power. I know how helpless you feel. :(
What time do your parents' end their shifts?

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I agree, I would try what Anne suggested. It can't hurt anything and you were suspecting she was about to lay.

Your only other choice is to pay a taxi to run her to the e-vet.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
How's she doing? Has there been any change? Did she make it through he night?

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Thank God for that! IMO you should still get her tested at the vets if possible. She may have an infection, and if she does it will just flair up again.

I am so glad she's looking better though.

Alex92

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Alex
Thank God for that! IMO you should still get her tested at the vets if possible. She may have an infection, and if she does it will just flair up again.

I am so glad she's looking better though.
I am planning to do it asap. I am so happy she is feeling better. She just flew down to me and is begging for pets.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Leela is doing much better today. She is acting like her normal self and isn't showing any signs of sickness like she was last night. I have been awake for just about 30 hours, and just recently got home. She is trying to bite others again, and eating and pooping normally.
YAY!! :dance4: :dance4: :dance4:
Please bring her in though. Anne is probably right with egg-issues.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I'm so glad, but yes please get her seen.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Leela is doing much better today. She is acting like her normal self and isn't showing any signs of sickness like she was last night. I have been awake for just about 30 hours, and just recently got home. She is trying to bite others again, and eating and pooping normally.

That is wonderful! :hug8:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
so glad she is feeling better :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.