• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 I think Leela is dying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
You could even call a taxi. If your parents still won't budge, make it your early X-mas gift. :)

Bailey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
I agree. I'm $2300 in the hole with the vets, and I still called in last week to spend more money to get Allie taken care of. Spending that money is not a luxury (i don't just have it laying around..I'm a student and i work fast food), but I refuse to allow my baby to not see a vet when there is something clearly wrong with her.

The longer you wait, the more you'll probably pay in supportive care costs and multiple diagnostic tests to find the problem before it is too late. They'll want to be very aggressive diagnosing since it has been too long since symptoms appeared.

Alex92

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Alex
Look. I go to school full time, my job pays me every two weeks and I only really work weekends right now, and I'm helping my parents as well. I love Leela and would be heartbroken if something happened to her. I appreciate everyone's advice, but life isn't exactly smooth over here at the moment. Leela is doing very well right now. I have been monitoring her as much as possible. I also am dealing with not...3...but 5 budgie eggs that may or may not be fertile. I am taking wonderful care of my birds and I love them too pieces. I'm sure everyone agrees that life takes unexpected turns, mine certainly has a couple times and I am doing what I can while I can. Life has been insane the past few weeks along with my grandparents in the hospital and getting myself to a surgeon for wisdom teeth problems and I may have a torn tendon in my left hand. I'm taking it one step at a time.

Alex92

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Alex
I'm sorry, but you cannot post in the 911 section that you think your bird is dying and not have people say to take her to the vet ASAP! I hate to assume, but from reading this thread and seeing over and over again that she doesn't drive, I am thinking Alex is a teenager. Which means she can't possibly have that many bills. So, if I were her, taking my bird to the vet would come before going to work. Heck, I am a grown woman and taking my bird to the vet would come before any job. But, I do have the luxury of having a husband who makes decent money, and I know that is not possible for everyone to have support like that.
I am 21...

birdle

Look. I go to school full time, my job pays me every two weeks and I only really work weekends right now, and I'm helping my parents as well. I love Leela and would be heartbroken if something happened to her. I appreciate everyone's advice, but life isn't exactly smooth over here at the moment. Leela is doing very well right now. I have been monitoring her as much as possible. I also am dealing with not...3...but 5 budgie eggs that may or may not be fertile. I am taking wonderful care of my birds and I love them too pieces. I'm sure everyone agrees that life takes unexpected turns, mine certainly has a couple times and I am doing what I can while I can. Life has been insane the past few weeks along with my grandparents in the hospital and getting myself to a surgeon for wisdom teeth problems and I may have a torn tendon in my left hand. I'm taking it one step at a time.
so are you saying you are not taking her to the vet?

artgeek09

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
I understand you're very busy and things are tight, but Leela needs to be seen if you want to ensure her health.
I'm 22, have a disabled fiance, pay all the bills, work full time, go to grad school full time, and on top of that will soon have a practicum for my graduate degree which will basically be a part time non paid job. I work at a hotel, which is comparable to retail pay. The schedules are crazy. The pay is once every two weeks. I am the only person paying the bills and buying the groceries. It's hard, I know.
BUT I chose to have my animals, and with that comes the responsibility of putting them first when they need vet care. If I could not find a way to get them the vet care they need, then I need to find someone who will, even if it means giving my animal up.

One resource you may be able to use to help pay for some vet bills is Fund A Pet Miracle. They helped me last year when I saved my Mastiff from being put to sleep because he had a broken leg, was malnourished and had heartworms. They and GoFundMe helped me to raise the $1200 needed for Tank's bills and today Tank is alive and well.

Please. I know circumstances are tough. I'm living it myself. But if you truly want Leela to survive, something more than monitoring her needs to be done.

MsCreature

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shy
I understand that this is very sensitive for people, all I'm thinking is that advice tends to be taken better with honey or bland than with anger and pack mentality. :]

I do hope that whatever can be done is and that Leela is healthy and remains that way! :heart:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Closed as per OP's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.