• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 I think Leela is dying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Malene
I was almost afraid to check the thread, fearing the worst. But that's the best news :) Hope it means that everything is ok now, and the Vet check will go fine.

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
When is her appointment sheduled for??
Even though she looks better, she still needs to see a vet.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I totally agree...she may seem fine now but I am still convinced there is some kind of reproductive issue going on here. And if she was so ill and suddenly became well, that does not mean that you should not bring her in for a follow up vet visit. Something was bad enough that you thought she was going to die..You need to get her in for a check up asap, even though she seems well now.

AmberMuffinz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
She did say she was going to take her in to the vet asap, so no worries there guys. Glad she is doing better though. I was very worried for her!

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry you've been so busy. Please make the appointment soon!

Thatdude596

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ryan
I love how everyone tells you what you need to do when they are not in your shoes. Not one person has offered to help with the expense but they will tell you how and when to spend your money. Give me a break people

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Ryan people are concerned based off of the information given and are giving advice ;) Birds hide illness very well as it is a natural protection instinct, after an episode like she had it is always a good idea to seek medical care to make sure there is nothing serious going on.

Thatdude596

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ryan
Itz nice birds.... We almost got a Hans but decided on another sun conure. Best birds ever :dance5:

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
please take her asap! my baby Baylee had a malformed egg (it didnt formed the shell just the yolk & the transparent part of the egg it hardened inside ) for 2-3 months without showing any sign of it she ate and was acting normal.. until i noticed she had respiratory issues so i took her in and they discovered the egg! :o: i felt bad cause i couldnt tell apart that she had an infected malformed egg in her :banghead: :arghh: :eek: but when vet checked her, her little butt was red and irritated and the respiratory issues where because of that malformed egg. Due to that, vet suggested to NEVER breed her, it could be very dangerous for her. That was 1 year ago.

So yes please take her to the vet even if she seems better. Baylee also showed improvement some days and my mom said i was exaggerating. Vet even told me that if i had waited 48 hours longer to take her in she could had died. So she was very close.

Bailey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
I do understand that life is busy, but birds simply don't live that long after displaying the symptoms Leila has..and vets were open both Friday and Saturday. Chances are if the appointment hasn't been made then Leila won't actually be able to see anyone until later this week since most vets are typically booked for a couple days if not weeks into the future. That is no good.

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mine may have been closed also. I'm lucky that I have emergency clinics available to me. But that aside, my avian vet would be seeing me first this morning; as I would be waiting at her clinic door as she unlocked it.

Hope Leela is able to be seen today.

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
I'm sorry, but you cannot post in the 911 section that you think your bird is dying and not have people say to take her to the vet ASAP! I hate to assume, but from reading this thread and seeing over and over again that she doesn't drive, I am thinking Alex is a teenager. Which means she can't possibly have that many bills. So, if I were her, taking my bird to the vet would come before going to work. Heck, I am a grown woman and taking my bird to the vet would come before any job. But, I do have the luxury of having a husband who makes decent money, and I know that is not possible for everyone to have support like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.