• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I need prayer warriors here for JJ

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I'll pray for a speedy recovery. And I hope you'll let out of some of the quilt too. I know how quickly things can happen and how horrible it feels when things go wrong. Once when I was babysitting a friend's dog and she got out, thankfully we got her back uninjured. But it was 24 hours before we were reunited and that was one of the worst nights of my life. Its such a horrible feeling. Sending lots of healing love to you and your family :heart:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Great news!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
He is looking more alert this morning. Reading about these pulmonary injuries, it can take up to 2 weeks. We have to see improvement by then. Other complications can happen such as pneumonia.

I will be watching him, and will call the ER vets should anything change. The regular Vet we have used and since switched from already called. I stopped using them due to them selling to a Corporation.
The other local one is 3.5 miles from me. I may call the Mobil Vet today so she can come maybe later today to listen to his chest to make sure we are still good sin e he's been off the oxygen since early afternoon yesterday.

It's great to have her, she can come here and he won't be stressed having to go in the car.

Taking my Mom to the Doctor at 11. Then I will be around most of the day!

Still feeling better. But he has a way to go to fully recover. I have read 48 hours initially from the worst and up to 2 weeks to recover fully.

We still have to be guarded and still can use the prayers that he will be 100% okay.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
20191121_083303.jpg
He loves to sit in the sun in this room in the morning. Keeping him quiet and in there is the best way for him to heal. My Mom really wants him home with her. He has to heal, I am thinking by next week he can. The fentanyl patch is good for 5 days. 20191121_090657.jpg

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Funny... I was going to say exactly the same thing. Don't waste the energy on worry and spend it on positive healing thoughts. I will say this though... anticipating a phone call can be frustrating. I'll bet if you took a shower or bath the phone would ring pronto... kind of like Murphy's Law... when you don't want it to ring it sure will!!!!
Yes, I'm telling you it's all the time! Usually your post beats my thought by just a few minutes.

Little Brother his nickname to me is home!

He's loopy, but melted into Dave's lap on the ride home. The Vet from last night said he's absolutely ready to go home. We just have to watch that his breathing remains good. He already hit the litter box to pee. He has an old comforter on the bed since he really stinks like pee. I will wash him in a few days. Right now, leaving him be to stay resting.
I used to occasionally wipe our kitties down a bit w/ a baby/human unscented hygene wipe or 2 after surgery for this issue but...not straight up outta da box.

Wet with warm water & wring out a few times the make it soaky wet. Use & pitch. 2 or three wipes & kittys good & doesn't smell like a toilet. Still needs a bath but once mine got over the "OMG it's water!" :eek: They seemed to perk up a bit & not just keep licking the one spot they could reach, 100,000 times.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Yes, I'm telling you it's all the time! Usually your post beats my thought by just a few minutes.

I used to occasionally wipe our kitties down a bit w/ a baby/human unscented hygene wipe or 2 after surgery for this issue but...not straight up outta da box.

Wet with warm water & wring out a few times the make it soaky wet. Use & pitch. 2 or three wipes & kittys good & doesn't smell like a toilet. Still needs a bath but once mine got over the "OMG it's water!" :eek: They seemed to perk up a bit & not just keep licking the one spot they could reach, 100,000 times.
I just removed the leg IV bandage. He still needs to eat. I've been using a waterless shampoo but will get some baby wipes.

I do have the mobile Vet coming tomorrow so she can listen to his chest to make sure it sounds good still.

She told me his respiration should be 20 to 25, it's still up around 35 or so.

Gums still look pink, but I will feel better after he's seen as a follow up at home without stress. She said she may give him an appetite stimulant because the big guys really need to eat.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I just removed the leg IV bandage. He still needs to eat. I've been using a waterless shampoo but will get some baby wipes.

I do have the mobile Vet coming tomorrow so she can listen to his chest to make sure it sounds good still.

She told me his respiration should be 20 to 25, it's still up around 35 or so.

Gums still look pink, but I will feel better after he's seen as a follow up at home without stress. She said she may give him an appetite stimulant because the big guys really need to eat.
Thanksgiving!!!!!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Thanksgiving!!!!!
I am VERY thankful! If he seems good and eats good he will go home with my Mom Thanksgiving night. He will see her here, then leave with her.

He's so very loving, he's a very sweet boy.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Oh the cap was hard to get off but you don;t know you;re strength until you want some booze!!!! :okwink:

What a pretty cat. We had one like that...She looks good....clear eyed & bushy tailed...

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I hope since you posted last he's eaten some. If he's on pain meds he may not feel like it. Maybe a little something to kick start his appetite?
I just gave him a few small syringe feedings. He got a taste of something. I had a few cans leftover from Abby. The Purina critical care prescription food. Calorie dense, mixed with water and some no salt chicken broth. Will feed him in the morning again.

The Vet will be here at 10. I will also get a few sub Q bags to have on hand. Fentanyl is a very potent narcotic. It's 50 to 100 times stronger then morphine.

The patch lasts 3 to 5 days. It delivers continual pain management.

He's a very good patient. I love him alot, and hope he can go home Thanksgiving night with my Mom. He should really be alot better by then.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Oh and to let you know just how good he is. I picked him up and put him in the litter box and he peed. I wanted to make sure he relieved himself for the night. Incase he needed to go and didn't want to get off the bed. I have peed pads all under the old comforter and there are 4 big, soft old bath towels. I just tucked the comforter around him so he feels all secure.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Do you think he'll need pain management after a few days? I know for some people it slows down gut motility to the point of constipation. Maybe after this pain patch he can go on something less strong. Good kitty to potty so quickly when you put him in the litter box!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
:hug8:

I am so sorry. Bad things always seem to come at once, I am glad he is on the mend. He does look pretty cute with his little cast. Poor dude.