• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I need prayer warriors here for JJ

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
It's okay to feel.

It's not your fault.

Mom said so. Mom is always right.
I am really down over this. Feeling like I just want to cry all the time. I am a very strong Person, but today just feeling so sad. I have read articles and this is a serious issue. He still can have an issue on my mind not knowing the severity of it. They are going to do more xrays. Bruising is caused by blunt force trauma. The peak of this can be up to 48 hours. It has only been since 8:45 last night. We are approaching 24 hours. Still just so worried that anything can change. This is just killing me.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I am really down over this. Feeling like I just want to cry all the time. I am a very strong Person, but today just feeling so sad. I have read articles and this is a serious issue. He still can have an issue on my mind not knowing the severity of it. They are going to do more xrays. Bruising is caused by blunt force trauma. The peak of this can be up to 48 hours. It has only been since 8:45 last night. We are approaching 24 hours. Still just so worried that anything can change. This is just killing me.
Give yourself a break.

You've been walking through this stuff with your mom.

You've sold a car you made memories in.

This injury of your mom's little buddy was the number 3 mental zap.

Go make some hot chocolate and slip in some peppermint schnapps. Put in marshmallows if you want the extra cuddle.

:bluhug:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Give yourself a break.

You've been walking through this stuff with your mom.

You've sold a car you made memories in.

This injury of your mom's little buddy was the number 3 mental zap.

Go make some hot chocolate and slip in some peppermint schnapps. Put in marshmallows if you want the extra cuddle.

:bluhug:
I can take alot. I can't take an injured pet. It has never happened to this extent. I feel like I failed keeping him from harm. As much as I know it was not my control of the event, even though it wasn't good atleast he isn't lost and still outside. That would have just killed me worse. Maybe, maybe not. This is pretty bad.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I am very broken by this. The hurt I feel today isn't wearing off. I saw him, he was very loopy. I am just sad, and downright bummed. I talked to the Vet at 4. He's off oxygen, they are keeping an eye on him. If he can come home it won't be til 8 or 9 pm.

He might have to stay til tomorrow. I just wish he was here. I have never in a very long time feel this defeated almost.

No, I didn't buy Bailey's or any other brand if Irish Whiskey. I might tomorrow, today I tried to concentrate on things for Thanksgiving. More to buy still. Saving it for tomorrow. I was trying to pass time waiting on them to call and shopped nearby. Then I reminded myself to go home to let the dogs out.

Now I wait for the ER Vet from last night call when he gets in.
I know, it's very hard to stop the feelings. Big hugs!!!! He will be fine and back to normal in no time. It's been many years but the neighbors across the street from me used to let their cat roam. She was a wild kitten when they found under the shed in their back yard. She was more like a dog, followed the husband everywhere on his walks for years. The lady didn't realize the cat was napping on the pavement just behind the tire on the back of the car and she backed over her. Unfortunate things do happen. I think you might need to break JJ's diet and give him some turkey for his thanksgiving!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I know, it's very hard to stop the feelings. Big hugs!!!! He will be fine and back to normal in no time. It's been many years but the neighbors across the street from me used to let their cat roam. She was a wild kitten when they found under the shed in their back yard. She was more like a dog, followed the husband everywhere on his walks for years. The lady didn't realize the cat was napping on the pavement just behind the tire on the back of the car and she backed over her. Unfortunate things do happen. I think you might need to break JJ's diet and give him some turkey for his thanksgiving!
Thank you Andrea. I am making dinner, grilling some chicken and eating a nice light salad. Got my coffee going and feeling relaxed yet anxious.

Waiting...

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Sorry I didn't see this earlier but just wanted to send a big :sadhug:
I hope your mom's cat heals up quickly and fully and that you can get a little rest soon
Thank you! I will sleep and be at peace after he gets home.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:eek: Claire, I'm so sorry that I missed this thread! There are some things that you cannot anticipate. You cannot keep beating yourself up over this. Use the worried energy for a good thing, not worrying. I'm so glad that your Mom is understanding towards the whole situation. Give Dave a big Rain Bow hug. Sending healing thought @ super speed to JJ. Please keep us updated!

:hug6:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
:eek: Claire, I'm so sorry that I missed this thread! There are some things that you cannot anticipate. You cannot keep beating yourself up over this. Use the worried energy for a good thing, not worrying. I'm so glad that your Mom is understanding towards the whole situation. Give Dave a big Rain Bow hug. Sending healing thought @ super speed to JJ. Please keep us updated!

:hug6:
Funny... I was going to say exactly the same thing. Don't waste the energy on worry and spend it on positive healing thoughts. I will say this though... anticipating a phone call can be frustrating. I'll bet if you took a shower or bath the phone would ring pronto... kind of like Murphy's Law... when you don't want it to ring it sure will!!!!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I am very broken by this. The hurt I feel today isn't wearing off. I saw him, he was very loopy. I am just sad, and downright bummed. I talked to the Vet at 4. He's off oxygen, they are keeping an eye on him. If he can come home it won't be til 8 or 9 pm.

He might have to stay til tomorrow. I just wish he was here. I have never in a very long time feel this defeated almost.

No, I didn't buy Bailey's or any other brand if Irish Whiskey. I might tomorrow, today I tried to concentrate on things for Thanksgiving. More to buy still. Saving it for tomorrow. I was trying to pass time waiting on them to call and shopped nearby. Then I reminded myself to go home to let the dogs out.

Now I wait for the ER Vet from last night call when he gets in.
Bailey's is good...I might have some way in the back of the frig...Might like a sip myself!!!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Little Brother his nickname to me is home!

He's loopy, but melted into Dave's lap on the ride home. The Vet from last night said he's absolutely ready to go home. We just have to watch that his breathing remains good. He already hit the litter box to pee. He has an old comforter on the bed since he really stinks like pee. I will wash him in a few days. Right now, leaving him be to stay resting.

Thank you all for being here! I was stir crazy and so upset.

We can say there surely was a God looking after him. Dave again in detail said he stopped the car. Backing up he felt him stop the car. Went forward and he jetted out and I grabbed him. He really thought he was not going to make it, and I thought he might die in my arms on the way there. They are literally 4 miles from here. Thankful we have the ER so close by.

Thankful is a true meaning this week! I am off to enjoy my days with my pets and Mom's boy.

Now, I am going to eventually get some much needed sleep we are HAPPY tonight for this good ending.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Hugs to you and Dave, and cheek rubs for JJ. Get some rest let JJ just settle in and be himself. Yup he'll need a bath but give it a day or two. But he needs most is too chill, let the healing begin.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am watching him breath. It's relaxed, yet I have to remember the bruising is there along with some fluid around the lung. It is going to take some time for his body to absorb this.

Just watching him for any changes.

I hope by Friday he's way better. It has been alittle over 24 hours. He was at the ER within 10 mins of this accident and they took him back as soon as we walked in the door. I am sure them stabilizing him so quickly saved his life.

Can't say enough good about them. Atleast we came home with a live cat!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Bailey's is good...I might have some way in the back of the frig...Might like a sip myself!!!
Oh you can betcha I am stopping tomorrow and getting a bottle! After this crazy last day, and an upcoming serious cooking spread, I am going to enjoy myself and forget about work for the next 8 days!

Except Kazoo Bird, that's the fun job! ♡

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Oh you can betcha I am stopping tomorrow and getting a bottle! After this crazy last day, and an upcoming serious cooking spread, I am going to enjoy myself and forget about work for the next 8 days!

Except Kazoo Bird, that's the fun job! ♡
Found the Baileys...1/2 inch left///I only really use it over icecream...Exp 11/2012...I even tried to take a sip...
Nope...it does not age well~~~~///:omg:

I guess its time for a new bottle! :okwink:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Found the Baileys...1/2 inch left///I only really use it over icecream...Exp 11/2012...I even tried to take a sip...
Nope...it does not age well~~~~///:omg:

I guess its time for a new bottle! :okwink:
They have new flavors now. The chocolate cherry is really good! They don't last long lol I am surprised you got the cap off!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Soo happy he’s back and this has a good ending!

You BOTH need rest tonight, this was such a big scare:crycry:
Watching him breathe scares me alittle. It's alittle labored, to me considering the damage that is there. It isn't labored like he can't breathe.

I hope the fentanyl patch has kicked in and he can count mice tonight in his dreams.

I just pray there is no long term damage. He's alive and one very lucky cat!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I'm so glad he's home with you now. I'm sure you are too so you can keep an eye on him and let him know how loved and precious he is. You've really been through the wringer for the past few weeks! You have extra blessings to give thanks for this coming Thanksgiving. God winks are great.... God pokes aren't so much fun... Be sure to do at least one nice thing for yourself each day, no matter how small, just recognize what ever it is you are giving yourself a special moment. Mine is usually when I'm still in bed... it's that moment when I think I should get up but I don't :laughin::sleeping4:. Not even to answer the phone..