• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I need help choosing a new conure (crimson bellied conure owner's give me your advice)

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Another vote for Naomi. Though Perry would be cute too for a gender neutral name in case she turns out to be he :)

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I hope we get more pics!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Another vote for Naomi. Though Perry would be cute too for a gender neutral name in case she turns out to be he :)
Same! Such a sweet beautiful name

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
So cute

SCC

Moving in
I hope we get more pics!
Here are some photos of her taking a bath. Also something I forgot to ask before, I got this lice and worm spray and an internal dewormer last year (I bought it last year but never got a chance to use it). I have never opened it, do you think it's still good?
IMG_20240114_184135_997.jpg
IMG_20240114_184136_038.jpg
IMG_20240114_184136_110.jpg
IMG_20240114_184136_142.jpg

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Do not use that ! There is no reason to think, she has any of those things. I have never heard of lice except in wild birds. Worms are extremely extremely rare in domestic parrots..
Some of this stuff is not safe .

Please don't use any over the counter medicine on your birds ever, unless directly advised by an avian veterinarian.

She is such a cutie!!! My GCC loves to take baths every day. You can offer a serving bowl , or like a sturdy cereal bowl , I even like glass flat bottom food storage containers or glass pie or ceramic pot or cake pans. Just an inch or 2, of water . Mine will use her water bowl too.

How is she settling in?

Last edited:
Reactions: tka

SCC

Moving in
Do not use that ! There is no reason to think, she has any of those things. I have never heard of lice except in wild birds. Worms are extremely extremely rare in domestic parrots..
Some of this stuff is not safe .

Please don't use any over the counter medicine on your birds ever, unless directly advised by an avian veterinarian.

She is such a cutie!!! My GCC loves to take baths every day. You can offer a serving bowl , or like a sturdy cereal bowl , I even like glass flat bottom food storage containers or glass pie or ceramic pot or cake pans. Just an inch or 2, of water . Mine will use her water bowl too.

How is she settling in?
She is setting in just fine the only think is I haven't had as much time to play with her as I would like (I have taken her out everyday but for short periods), whenever I go by her cage she squeaks and fly's over to me.