• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How bad is a molt?

SueA555

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sue Anderson
All birds molt, and it's not a big deal. Cranky molting birds sometimes appreciate being misted more often.

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
foofies foofies everywhere! I love my cordless Dyson- Louise hates it but is getting used to it...She hasn't had her first molt, just a few random feathers and tons of foofies.

Itsr2r

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tracy
I haven't read any of the other responses so......

If you are uptight and anal retentive.......... then a bird is not for you!

Just being blunt.

A bird doesn't even have to be molting to drop a feather or twelve, sometimes they just drop with regular grooming.

You worried about molting? How about the daily food bowl flinging??? How about the toy destroying and chewing???

Seriously, if molting is your concern then you should consider Squawkers as a pet.

HyacinthWings

Walking the driveway
Real Name
June
I haven't read any of the other responses so......

If you are uptight and anal retentive.......... then a bird is not for you!

Just being blunt.

A bird doesn't even have to be molting to drop a feather or twelve, sometimes they just drop with regular grooming.

You worried about molting? How about the daily food bowl flinging??? How about the toy destroying and chewing???

Seriously, if molting is your concern then you should consider Squawkers as a pet.
I don't like to think that I'm too terribly uptight, but I don't think having a parrot means having to have your house look like a squatter rolled through. Though, this molting question had nothing to do with that degree since I already know of the mess that flung fruit, vegetables, and wood chips would place upon my living quarters. :dance4: I imagine that cleaning more regularly would do the job. :D