• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Not sure how many of you remember me, but I'm back again. Figured I wouldn't post till I was consistently on this time :lol:

Everyone is doing well. Ollie and Diggle are definitely my husband's birds. They mostly want nothing to do with me, and that's ok. They found their person and I'm happy for them! They will tolerate me when need be, so it's not a horrible situation by any means. I also upgraded their cage to a large flight cage after they officially decided to live together. This is it right after I put it together, it has a lot more toys and perches now.
IMG_20190411_134119_422.jpg
Here are some newer pictures of them as well! Diggle is starting to get more purple but I doubt he'll have his full purple head till he's 3 next year.
IMG_20190814_142026_907.jpg

Ollie is still himself, semi angry and adorable. :lol:
20190812_202244.jpg

Slade however adores me to the point no one else can really touch him, at least not like I can. My husband does give him breakfast every day so they keep the connection they do have. I'm so glad I adopted him though. It hasn't always been easy, or came quickly, but we get further and further down that trust path as time goes on. Here's my hefty avocado falling asleep when he couldn't decide if he wanted to come over to the couch or not.

20190803_164437.jpg

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer

Cat The Great

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
Welcome back!! :starshower1: All your birds are adorable!:heart::heart::heart: Of course I am biased since I own a CWP, but Ollie looks like that he is looking for trouble and has that pose that says "I'm cute but don't touch me":lol:.
Ollie is still himself, semi angry and adorable.
That pretty much explains Georgie.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Welcome back!! :starshower1: All your birds are adorable!:heart::heart::heart: Of course I am biased since I own a CWP, but Ollie looks like that he is looking for trouble and has that pose that says "I'm cute but don't touch me":lol:.

That pretty much explains Georgie.
I think that's pretty much most CWP :lol:. And that's exactly what it was. I dared to weigh all of them yesterday and he was NOT happy about it.

Cat The Great

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
Sounds like them. :lol:Georgie can be fairly moody, you do one thing she doesn't like and she will pout for the next two hours. :rolleyes: Don't know if is just my bird, but when she is mad, she likes to throw tantrums with her food bowl. She will scream and lift the bowl and bang it against the cage, then I say to my mom "well there she goes again" and my mom's typical answer is "What is she mad about now?" :lol:

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Sounds like them. :lol:Georgie can be fairly moody, you do one thing she doesn't like and she will pout for the next two hours. :rolleyes: Don't know if is just my bird, but when she is mad, she likes to throw tantrums with her food bowl. She will scream and lift the bowl and bang it against the cage, then I say to my mom "well there she goes again" and my mom's typical answer is "What is she mad about now?" :lol:
Oh! Ollie does the same thing! He loves banging the dish to show his displeasure. What is lovingly called the "machine gun" call too. They really have SO much attitude for such a small bird.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They're so cute!