• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent HELP!!

Meetho

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Hamna Naeem
My seven year old green parrot has been vomiting from some days now. I did some research online and learned a term regurgitation but I'm not sure how to differentiate between the two. He throws ups on the walls of his cage and then eats the food again. Is he vomiting or regurgitating. His beak is also changing slight color. But he is eating fine and looks fine. What should I do?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
:bump7:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hello Hamna,

Vomiting is when the food comes up, and you will see your bird shake their head vigorously side to side and the food will go flying everywhere. If this has been happening for days, this is not ok, and you will need a vet.

Regurgitation, is when your bird will bob their head and bring up food and place it in a specific place (usually on a toy or a perch) - this is ok.

If you are having a hard time distinguishing which it is, post a video and we will take a look.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Zara gave a good description. :) I'll just add that regurgitation looks controlled, like he's forcing something out of his throat. It usually comes out kind of as a clump. Vomiting is head shaking and going everywhere usually.

Meetho

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Hamna Naeem
Hello Hamna,

Vomiting is when the food comes up, and you will see your bird shake their head vigorously side to side and the food will go flying everywhere. If this has been happening for days, this is not ok, and you will need a vet.

Regurgitation, is when your bird will bob their head and bring up food and place it in a specific place (usually on a toy or a perch) - this is ok.

If you are having a hard time distinguishing which it is, post a video and we will take a look.
Thank so much. This actually helped. I think he is regurgitating but I'll make a video next time to make sure