• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HELP- unhealthy feathers

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I hope it’s not French molt!

Smbrds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Shawn
For sure keep us updated. Hope it's not a french molt. Definitely wait on getting any new birds.

Mocha

Meeting neighbors
//UPDATE//:
We tried calling the vet 3 times but they didn't pick up, so I have messaged them. I was hoping we would take Maya and Sheeba, but my dad thinks that Sheeba is fine, and she does not need to be checked up. I tried explaining to him that if Maya has mites, its highly possible that Sheeba does too, maybe not as much, but they are still there.

We will be calling the vet again today.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Is there only one vet you can see? Some regular vets will see birds. Just place a call and ask.

Mocha

Meeting neighbors
They still have not picked up, I was hoping to go to them beacuse they specialize in exotic animals, we will be calling one last time, if they do not pick up, we will be calling another vet.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Usually there are emergency gets that will check birds. Have you searched the web for vets? Also check for a breeder near you. They could give you some get names.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Hope they will be ok, and that it's not the PBFD disease, it sounds awful. Welcome to AA!

Mocha

Meeting neighbors
Another update:
Maya and Sheeba are fine, they're doing great actually, Maya hasn't fell once.
Still, no response from the vet, today is Australia day so no vet is avaliable today. Tommorow we will email and call. The other vet is too far away. I have my fingers crossed they will answer. I have searched the web, but most of the vets only care for dogs and cats sadly :(. The vet we are trying to contact are the best around so I am very disapointed that they haven't anwsered.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Thanks for updates.

Mocha

Meeting neighbors
The vet we contacted are in two places, we contacted the one far away to let them know the one closer wasn't picking up the phone, they said they would let the vets know and contact us back... Looong story short, they didn't.

I am thinking about going there with Maya without booking and letting them know that they didn't pck up after 1 0 c a l l s.

Also, I decided to check whether or not Maya had mites, normally you are able see the mites with your eyes, I didn't. I know I can't be sure, but I'm guessing Maya doesn't have mites, otherwise Sheeba would be itchy too.