• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HELP my 5 week old Indian ringneck is refusing formula!

Syd48

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sydney
I got him a week ago, when he was 5 weeks old. He was accepting his formula until yesterday when he started to refuse and I gave him small pieces of broccoli, carrot and millets and he ate it, but I’m scared that he isn’t full because he keeps bobbing his head and is making small noise which he didn’t do before. What am I supposed to do now? please HELP!

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Bump. Hope he's ok!

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Was the formula changed at all? What temp are you making it at and is it consistently that temp? Any change in temp, thickness, formulation can cause a baby to potentially go off the formula. Similarly, a burned crop can occur when the formula is too hot, or a crop can slow down when it’s too cold.

Did you get this baby from a breeder who may be willing to help with their hand feeding experience? (Though no reputable breeder sells unweaned chicks.)

Also, an initial vet visit would be a good idea just to get your little one checked out and make sure there’s no infection or abnormalities present.