• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HELP....I need a humane rat trap!

• Thread starter M.C Bird Rescue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
Those darn rats! Crafty little fellows. :naughty:

At least you know a few thing:

1. They are hungry so they will be comming out for food.
2. They are still alive. And since they are in that room they have a good chance of not getting attacked by one of your other animals.
3. Because of one and two, you will catch them eventually. :)

Have fun!

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
I really hope you can get them! i am honestly surprised they haven't come back themselves.. i guess i just had good luck

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
you have to hurry up and catch them for their sakes and mine. This cupboard is getting a bit cramped!:rofl: Good luck.

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Yeah, Crystal, those loose rats of yours have been showing up in my dreams and I have major rat-a-phobia. I need an update before I have a panic attack!

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Ok..Update on the rats...
Tuesday night was my last attempt before I left the cats in there to find them. i just cant have them crawling and eating my house...so this was my very last attempt. I set up the bucket, and put potatoe chips around the edges of the bucket with peanut butter...

1 fell in!
So I captured 1 the other night and now I am trying to just catch the last one. i will put the cage in there tonight with the bucket near it in hopes of catching the last one...

Sneaky Rattys!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
thanks Crystal!!

hope you catch the other one soon, have you tried baiting them with a little dog or cat food, they seem to like that a lot!

CrystalS

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Crystal
My rats loved chicken flavored baby food. Absolutely loved it. They also loved cucumbers.

I'm glad you caught 1. I'm hoping you can catch the other 1.

Mine knew their names. So, I never had this problem but I do know that they can be sneaky little buggers.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Awesome..I will try anything at this point! hahahahah

Lex123

Ewww! I HATE rats! Nothing personal! My cousin had one and it FREAKED me out so much. Glad you caught one, though. Good luck with the second!

whitewolf3307

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
It will take time but he will come out when he is hungry. I use to put the cage on the floor with a crap load of food in it and wait. It can take time but if its still in the same room you will come across it. It could be hidding somewhere sleeping. Just keep the room sealed off and you will get it back in a day or two as long as it does not have a way out of the room. If its in the bed room look under the bed and check the box springs, I had a hamster that made a hole in mine and was useing it for a bed. It took me forever to find it.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Are they super 'wild'? not friendly at all? i really hope you can catch the other guy!

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
I wonder what the rats are, or have been, eating?!!!?

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Well I am HOPING its not my furniture. But I have 3 kids, all young. It is possible they have been leaving food for them. especially my son who is really soft hearted. he feels bad his ratties are not in their cages. I am betting he puts food out for them.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

CAUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG.....I caught her! THANK GOODNESS!

Now...to add padlocks to the cage!

Status
Not open for further replies.