• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HELP....I need a humane rat trap!

• Thread starter M.C Bird Rescue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.C Bird Rescue

Let us know if you get lucky and manage to catch it OK won't you? The suspence is killing me! Then you can leave me out of the cupboard when it's safe!:rofl:
They are still LOOSE! :sad7:
I can't even find them. I have a bucket set up...HOPING they come out tonight.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
are you sure they are still in the same room, it doesn't take but a tiny space and they can go through it

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Feel so sorry for your dilemma but please please let us know when they are safely caught again. Until then I stay in that cupboard!

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Bad news...NO rats were caught last night! UGH. So again I will be setting up the bucket tonight in hopes they are caught. i have narrowed it down to 1 room I think they are in, they must be inside of furniture somewhere. I have turned the house upside down. Poor Guys...I bet they will be happy to find and be in a cage again where they are safe away from dogs and cats.

Allessa

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Oh gosh Crystal! I cant imagine. Are they tame? Or is it just the trouble of catching them?

I remember a couple of years ago we had mice (never AGAIN by the way) but my husband has this MEAN sucker. It got to the point where we just never let him out anymore he was so bad. Well my brother came over, and opened the top, not realizing this mouse was like, Super Mouse. He jumped thru the door and jetted. Me, my brother, and my husband ALL trying to catch this •••• thing for an hour. We had a small apartment at the time so we could SEE him, but he was too darn fast.

Finally we cornered him and no one wanted to catch him...so I of course, had to grab him. I think he put 3 good holes in me before i was able to throw him back in his cage.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Oh gosh Crystal! I cant imagine. Are they tame? Or is it just the trouble of catching them?

I remember a couple of years ago we had mice (never AGAIN by the way) but my husband has this MEAN sucker. It got to the point where we just never let him out anymore he was so bad. Well my brother came over, and opened the top, not realizing this mouse was like, Super Mouse. He jumped thru the door and jetted. Me, my brother, and my husband ALL trying to catch this •••• thing for an hour. We had a small apartment at the time so we could SEE him, but he was too darn fast.

Finally we cornered him and no one wanted to catch him...so I of course, had to grab him. I think he put 3 good holes in me before i was able to throw him back in his cage.

They are tame but skittish. We adopted them from an over flowing rat rescue. Long story. My sons pets, he didnt lock the cage! UGH UGH UGH!

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
Oh wow, what a situation. . . . Well I don't really have any advice that you haven't already recieved. Well . . . I guess I can say that you should look for signs of them around the house. Droppings, chewed up stuff, anything ratty. But, since you narrowed them down to one room, you probably already did that, so I just wasted thirty seconds of both of our lives.

Oh well. :shrug:

Good luck finding the poor littler ratters! :hug8:

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Oh wow, what a situation. . . . Well I don't really have any advice that you haven't already recieved. Well . . . I guess I can say that you should look for signs of them around the house. Droppings, chewed up stuff, anything ratty. But, since you narrowed them down to one room, you probably already did that, so I just wasted thirty seconds of both of our lives.

Oh well. :shrug:

Good luck finding the poor littler ratters! :hug8:
:omg::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:
Didn't i recommend this place to you from that Experts site? You are awesome, and hilarious!

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
:omg::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:
Didn't i recommend this place to you from that Experts site? You are awesome, and hilarious!

Oh, well, yes. I suppose you did. ^v^ And thankyou. I do love being awesome and have been called hilarious.:p

And, just to let you know, Lily is feeling a lot better. She's one happy parakeet!

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Can i come out of my cupboard yet please? Do say they have been caught and are tucking into a well earned meal! Please?:rofl:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Can i come out of my cupboard yet please? Do say they have been caught and are tucking into a well earned meal! Please?:rofl:
I don't think you are safe yet!!

They must have been well fed and aren't hungry yet:hehe:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I hope you catch them tonight! THey must be getting hungry and thirsty...

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Any luck? Poor girls...

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Oh, well, yes. I suppose you did. ^v^ And thankyou. I do love being awesome and have been called hilarious.:p
I smell a rat!!! (No pun intended) :dancing::dancing::D

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Oh no, i hope you can get them back!

Are they very friendly? I've forgotton waffles cage door open a few times (when i had him.) I'd come home to my room DESTROYED, and an exhausted rattie exhausted and sleeping in his hammock. *rolls eyes*

M

M.C Bird Rescue

They won't get in the BUCKET??? Whats really bad was this morning when my son went off to school I felt really bad and put food and water out, Took him to school. When I came back there was food mess on the floor. Day 3 of Rat Catching! UGH

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
so you know they are around...good! They need to be hungry to catch them though. :(

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
nah, just chalk it up to 'investigation' but don't feed them any more - did you put a little food on the ramp to the bucket? that might entice them a little bit

Status
Not open for further replies.