• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heated Clothes Airer/Dryer Safe?

Cheekybirb

Sitting on the front steps
Hello,

I've been looking through the threads for bird-safe appliances but can't seem to see anything about heated clothes dryers to dry clothes with instead of tumble dryers, apparently, they're cheaper to run. Does anyone have any experience of using them safely around their birds?

I've found a few that list their materials as Aluminium and ABS but I don't know if the plastic could give off fumes when heated and left on for long periods of time. I'm aware of the dangers of non-stick cookware etc. so didn't want to buy something that was going to be similar.

I've attached some pictures for reference.

Thank you!

(Also, not related but we recently had our conure Phoenix DNA tested and turns out she's a girl!) :pgcc:

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I would contact the manufacturer and specifically ask about PTFEs.

Or you could buy a normal clothes horse and place it near your radiators.

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
That reminds me of the item I saw marketed as a "solar powered clothes drier" that turned out to simply be a standard outdoor clothesline. Even if those rails are heated, there isn't much contact happening with the items hung from it, so the drying will mostly be determined by the indoor temperature and humidity (as it would for a non-heated clothes horse).

Beyond comments about its effectiveness or the materials it's made from, I'd be curious what temperature the rails heat up to because I'd expect that device would look like a perch to a bird.

Congrats on learning Phoenix is a girl!

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We have one ours doesnt contain PTFE's we use upstairs though as Steve says it looks like a large perch, it doesnt get hot enough to burn me but i dont want my birds maurauding all over my clean clothes.
They are very surprisingly effective and very cost effective it costs next to nothing to use.