• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green check conure wheezing and wet breathing

Lolliebird

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Brandi
My green cheek has had on and off occurrences of breathing issues like wet breaths, mouth breathing or wheezing combined with sneezing since I got her at 4 months old, but she has a great appetite and energy levels. I’ve taken her to the vet and they say she is really healthy and we have tried antibiotics and Anti-inflammatories without success. Now we are trying Baby Benadryl in case it could be from allergies. I have had a humidifier for her and recently got an air purifier which was helping. The only correlation between the onset of symptoms is the weather. Most of the time when she has trouble breathing, it is either raining or going to rain. My thinking is maybe there’s some mold in the house that bothers her when it rains? Then her symptoms will go away for random amounts of time. Like I said, we’re trying Benadryl and I will expose her to more humidity by steaming up the bathroom in case it is from dryness since it’s currently winter. Has anyone experienced the same or similar situation and can offer advice?

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I have not but I wonder if a nebulizer and meds might help during those times. It could be allergies.