• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Got a nice good bite

Status
Not open for further replies.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
:omg: I'm so glad you said that! Whenever someone comes on a forum and says "I want a Severe" or "I just got a baby Severe" I think "Oh, oh, hope you have good medical insurance." :rofl:

I don't have good luck with Severes. I can't get close enough to them to be able to work with them. They either like you, or hate you. There is no in between. :rofl:
I was going to post this in another thread that mentions Severes but it makes more sense here.
Severes are one of the most difficult of all macaw species to own. Some people have made comments that a B&G is more easy to get along with and much less beaky than most Severes. If a Severe was the size of one of the bigger macaws like the B&G or Scarlet, they would have all the macaws beat hands down. Don't let size fool you. They are smaller but still not what I'd call a small bird. That beak can do massive damage and they have an inclination to use it. Where macaws are know to bluff a lot, I would not give a Severe the benefit of the doubt. :eek:

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
I was going to post this in another thread that mentions Severes but it makes more sense here. Severes are one of the most difficult of all macaw species to own. Some people have made comments that a B&G is more easy to get along with and much less beaky than most Severes. If a Severe was the size of one of the bigger macaws like the B&G or Scarlet, they would have all the macaws beat hands down. Don't let size fool you. They are smaller but still not what I'd call a small bird. That beak can do massive damage and they have an inclination to use it. Where macaws are know to bluff a lot, I would not give a Severe the benefit of the doubt. :eek:
I agree 100% nicely said Titanis!! :laughing12:

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Severe Macaw Birds

Hope it is ok to post this. In light of the conversation here and knowing severes this type of information does nothing to help the bird and their new owner.

Peggy

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Severe Macaw Birds

Hope it is ok to post this. In light of the conversation here and knowing severes this type of information does nothing to help the bird and their new owner.

I'd have to agree with that. That article is a joke. So is the link at the top that say get your questions answered by Martha Stewarts go to guy. That is the same guy who let's large Toos and macaws up on strangers shoulders right on TV.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
I'd have to agree with that. That article is a joke. So is the link at the top that say get your questions answered by Martha Stewarts go to guy. That is the same guy who let's large Toos and macaws up on strangers shoulders right on TV.
The guy actually does that?? That's freakin' crazy!! :eek: :scared2:

Status
Not open for further replies.