• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

General lighting in the house too dark? Color changing LEDs bad?

LoveToki

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Zee
I have another question, hopefully with time I will have less!
So I keep my house generally dark. Daytime I let the sun shine, but once the sun goes down, I usually keep it pretty dark, with a few color changing LEDs and the light from the TV. Now I'm wondering, is this too dark for Moki? Should I put more lights on around the house? Today it was especially dark because it was rainy, so it occurred to me today maybe it's too dark.

She spends the day with my in my office while I work, all I have are 3 monitors and some color changing LEDs behind the desk. Once I'm off work, I move to the living room area where I usually just have color changing LEDs on behind the tv, and 2 next to the couch..usually purple.
I tried searching for lighting, and saw a few posts about daylight flicker free bulbs. I'm just wondering how necessary that is, I can change my habits for Moki's well being if that's what she needs, I just wanted to see how necessary light is.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Daylight flicker free lightning is very important.
I even have my lamps on if it's a grey day.

I don't think color changing bulbs are bad if they don't flicker or change color often.