• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Finch care

Puddles02

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Not Bill lol
Can finches be around the sound of video games and TV shows in a living room?
just wondering.

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
I don’t think it would hurt, the wilderness is just as loud after all.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I would say it depends on the finch. My finch Zippy is very human oriented. He even follows me around the house. I don't hold him, he isn't hand tame, but he likes being around people. He also always sings to my friends. Peppy is much more fearful of humans, but Zippy gives him courage. They live in between our kitchen and living room and if we are up late playing the switch or watching a movie the finches are cuddled together and sleeping, so I think they are alright.

I would say if you finches are vocalising normally, eating, interacting with their enrichment toys, you are probably fine. If your bird is either very quiet and not moving, or flailing around.. well then maybe it isn't the best idea.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Bill :starshower1:

If you like, I can move this thread to the Finch forum so your question reaches more finch owners? Just let me know :)

Puddles02

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Not Bill lol
Welcome to the Avenue Bill :starshower1:

If you like, I can move this thread to the Finch forum so your question reaches more finch owners? Just let me know :)
That's fine now I got a reply but thanks for offering I am a new bird owner of two budgies and was hoping to one day adopt finches

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
That's fine now I got a reply but thanks for offering I am a new bird owner of two budgies and was hoping to one day adopt finches
I adopted my finch! I will share the link if you are curious of the story. If not no worries :) I will say that Zippy is a super friendly little guy. The little birds at rescues need just as much of a chance as the largest cockatoo or macaw!

Adopted Finch

Puddles02

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Not Bill lol
I adopted my finch! I will share the link if you are curious of the story. If not no worries :) I will say that Zippy is a super friendly little guy. The little birds at rescues need just as much of a chance as the largest cockatoo or macaw!

Adopted Finch
I bet Zippy is a cute little guy has he made cute peeping sounds?

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I bet Zippy is a cute little guy has he made cute peeping sounds?
Oh yes! The finches are actually our noisiest birds. They sing and chatter all day long and are the first to wake in the morning. I wouldn't consider it loud though. Some people don't like the sound of Zebra finches, but I find them utterly endearing. :)

Puddles02

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Not Bill lol
Oh yes! The finches are actually our noisiest birds. They sing and chatter all day long and are the first to wake in the morning. I wouldn't consider it loud though. Some people don't like the sound of Zebra finches, but I find them utterly endearing. :)
I find their sound adorable my budgies make cute little sounds too

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
:)
Hello, and welcome to the Avenue!

I find that when things scare my finches, they go low in the cage and very silent. So when you get your finches, it’ll be easy to tell that they are upset.

Mine don’t have a problem with (loud) Sesame Street on TV, or music. They dislike the shrieking from my parrots.