• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fan Safety?

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
I am getting a yellow sided green cheek soon, and I am wondering if I can use my fan when it is in the cage. I know that i will never use it when the bird is outside the cage because that wouldn’t go so well with him being fully flighted once his wings grow back. My room gets hot during the night (high seventies, low eighties. Only in the summer though.) and it’s hard for me to sleep. A fan often helps. Can i use it during the night? Thanks.

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
The bird could appreciate the white noise but I would try to point it away from it as they can get stressed not being able to get away from it.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I always have a fan on in my room, I just turn it off when the bird is out. Never had any ill effects from it, just make sure that it's not pointing towards your bird.

Jisoo

Sprinting down the street
i think its fine as long as it is not pointing towards your bird and your bird doesn't mind the noise and wind

mak

What kind of fan? Standing, box, window, ceiling?

clarousel

Just chiming in to make sure you clean it well in the case of your bird getting up there on a dusty adventure!

Speaking from experience :wacky: I make sure to clean it once a week now.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I know a man with an African Grey that lost a wing to a ceiling fan. One that was never on when the bird was out, until the day it was.
Be very careful, or by a fan cage that can protect your bird from the blades.