• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does anyone know what this canary noise means?

paulinepar

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
paulinepar
My canary has been making this noise for exactly a year now but only at night and mornings when he would wake up. Someone told me the noise is teeth grinding. However, he is molting right now and making this noise all day. Idk if it's because of the stress from the molt. He is eating and drinking water very well. So I am not sure if I should be worried. No other signs or symptoms are shown. No diarreah and stools are green with white urates.

Adam21

Strolling the yard
If he seems sad, he probably wants a mate or a friend. Some claim these are not social birds. But, that doesn't seem to be the case. They are social and they want a massive cage to fly. I have 9 canaries right now, and they are happy together but a bit depressed because they want to fly. So I am going to get them a double flight cage in the near future and put all natural perches in it.

paulinepar

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
paulinepar
I paired him up with a female and they had 3 chicks earlier this year and he's molting right now I don't think it's the right timing for a mate again. I will try and put her cage next to his and see if he continues to make the same noises.